Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
The Senior Support Engineer (Cloud EMEA) isn’t just an ordinary role. Senior Support Engineers at Atlassian are responsible for improving our customer's experience with our products, through preventative projects that solve problems at the source, getting the best out of our Support Engineers through technical training and mentoring and troubleshooting and providing timely advice on global technical issues. This role requires working with counterparts or peer from different support centers. The candidate must be able to work EMEA business hours unless business demands work during other hours of the day.
- Act as the primary point of contact for local escalation management for the expertise acquired within a product domain.
- Prioritise & drive escalations both within the Cloud Support team through Team Manager engagement and with internal groups such to ensure visibility, traction and ultimate closure.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring for Support Engineers
- Resolution of customer issues involving code error diagnosis, debugging, validation, and root cause analysis
- Communication to customer base through necessary means to resolve application issues
- Enable replication and debugging of issues to verify product related bugs
- Creation and curation of knowledge-base articles and documentation to help customers self serve.
- Customer Focus
- Effective communication
- Change, Adaptability and Flexibility
- Team and Collaborative Working
- Process re-engineering
- 10 years or more of experience in the Customer Support industry with a minimum of 6+ years or more experience of related working experience in a Technical Support Center function
- Knowledge of SQL, Networking, Linux, Java Web Servers and knowledge in Cloud technologies.
- Have understanding of Network terminologies MIB, SNMP, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, OSI, NAT, DHCP, DNS, Routing Protocols(BGP, EIGRP, OSPF)
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Experience in working 24x7 support operations and with teams across multiple locations.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Coaching and mentoring new hires and Support Engineers
- Administering training for new hires and conduct trainings using the skill gap analysis
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence will be an added advantage
- Java Web Servers
- Cloud technologies
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub