Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
This isn't your ordinary Support Engineer role. If you love solving the deepest and most challenging tech problems, enjoy working with all types of customers from around the world (start-ups to Fortune 500 corporations), and love variety, this job has it all in spades. Atlassian is a rapidly growing software development company, and the Support team is expanding to allow it to scale with the business. Atlassian Support Engineers are responsible for improving our customers' experience with our products, through advanced troubleshooting and helping our global team of engineers solve our more difficult problems.
We’re looking for engineers with a strong degree of empathy for the customer experience and excellent communication skills. You will need to have a proven ability to de-escalate difficult situations with customers, while multi-tasking between tickets and mentoring your team.
You should exhibit strong team oriented interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interface with a wide variety of people and roles from junior engineers to senior executives. You’ll need an ability to successfully manage your time, balancing multiple tasks with varying levels of priority and urgency.
More About You
- 2+ years experience in a highly technical support role, preferably in a software development environment that dealt with Java/J2EE application troubleshooting
- You have experience configuring and troubleshooting Web application containers such as Tomcat, Jetty, etc.
- You have a general understanding of software development models (Agile, V-model, Waterfall) and methodologies (DevOps, RAD, Scrum, TDD, FDD)
- Advanced knowledge of operating systems (e.g: Linux, OSX, Windows)
- Basic knowledge of LDAP. Experience with this technology is a plus
- Advanced understanding and use of REST APIs
- Advanced relational database knowledge and experience with most common RDBMS (Postgres, Oracle, mySQL). Other database management systems are a plus
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash/sh. Others are a plus
- You have working knowledge of Version Control Systems such as git, Mercurial, SVN. Others are a plus
- Advanced knowledge of computer networking (communication and transfer protocols, proxies, firewalls)
More about this role
- You will wow our customers and partners by providing quality and timely support
- You will initiate professional written and verbal interactions with your customers detailing out solutions to their needs with calm, empathetic, mature, and solution oriented views
- You are passionate to learn new technologies and are responsible for owning customer issues until resolution
- Collaborate with our global support team, share best practices and drive process improvements
- Advocate for our customers, influence product direction through customer feedback
- Evaluate new product versions before release
About the Team
Atlassian being a product company, customers across the world leverage Atlassian products for their mission-critical operations. Products like Bitbucket, Bamboo are widely leveraged for development work, and the Development Tools team (DevTools) is responsible to support these products making customers successful.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub