See all jobs
Oct 27th, 2020
Senior Brand Designer
Medium’s mission is to help people deepen their understanding of the world and discover ideas that matter. We are building a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers. We are creating the best place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas.
We are seeking an innovative, hyper-creative, and digital-savvy Senior Brand Designer to join our brand design team. Reporting to the Senior Brand Design Manager, you’ll collaborate across marketing, product design, and editorial design to represent our visual identity and develop best-in-class creative for a wide range of brand touch-points and campaigns, including landing pages, email, digital ads, social, and more. This is an excellent opportunity for a strategic and growth-oriented creative leader with proven expertise in their craft to take our talented team to the next level.
What will you do?
- Execute design projects from ideation to implementation while managing personal workflow, schedule, and deadlines
- Implement a consistent and cohesive brand identity across all channels
- Collaborate with marketing partners to build insightful creative and iterate when necessary
- Strategically partner with copywriter to amplify our messaging with design
- Maintain the highest brand standards and help evolve our brand guidelines as we continue to grow
- Present your work to partners and stakeholders balancing a thoughtful POV with an appetite for feedback
- Foster a design culture that thrives off of trust, curiosity, and continuous learning
- Mentor a team of designers through influence, skill-sharing, and honest feedback
Who you are:
- 5-8 years of related professional experience
- Experience expressing a brand identity across a range of channels and campaigns
- Strong presentation and stakeholder management skills—proficient at building a narrative around your work and guiding stakeholders through the creative process
- Strong conceptual thinking—you can start a project from scratch and come up with something surprising yet strategic
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills—you collaborate and mentor, as well as demonstrate the confidence to communicate your ideas clearly
- Great taste and understanding of the latest digital trends and formats
- You understand the details and nuances of digital design, such as responsive web layouts, email capabilities, and considerations required for display advertising
- Detail-obsessed with a keen eye for typography, composition, and color application
- Experience with video and motion a plus
- Portfolio with relevant work required to be considered
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you.
Please note that communication regarding your application, interviews, and job offers will only come from e-mail addresses ending in "@medium.com". Anything else is not a legitimate outreach.