Are you a skilled and passionate developer who wants to work with interesting technologies in a cutting edge space whilst working towards a noble cause?
If so, please read on...
Who are we?
Primary Bid is made up a group of individuals striving to create a fairer future for everyone. We make it possible for any member of the public to take part in investment opportunities that they couldn't access otherwise. We have a vision for fairness in finance that drives everything we do, leveraging technology to create fairer and more efficient capital markets. If you would like to know more, check out our open letter voicing our support for retail investors and what our CEO has to say about our vision.
What are we looking for?
- Problem solvers - We expect you to be able to break down a high level problem, create a plan of attack and coordinate the implementation across multiple developers
- Effective team members - Excellent proactive communication and a collaborative spirit
- Self starters - You don't need to be told what to do, if you see there is an issue, you apply higher level perspective and address or raise the issue
- Node.js & TypeScript (extensive)
- MongoDB (SQL is a bonus)
- Tech savvy developer VCS, dev tools, command line, automation scripts .etc
- Creating HTTP based APIs (e.g. Express, Nest.js)
- Testing using Jest / Mocha .etc
- You have leadership experience in a technical capacity (e.g mentoring other developers, process lead, team lead)
- You have extensive knowledge because you have tried all sorts of things to satiate your curiosity
- As well as being able to set up a Node HTTP service in your sleep, you are comfortable creating entirely new sections of a website
- You prioritise of responsive design
- You are familiar with Websockets / Socket.io
- You are familiar with or have experience in event sourcing
- You have integrated with payment gateways e.g. Worldpay
- You are interested in what we are doing and want to make the world a fairer place
What can we offer you?
- The opportunity to work towards something bigger with a passionate and invested team
- Lots of room to do your thing
- An empowering, team oriented and ego free environment
- Fully remote working
- Competitive salary
We do want to waste your time or ours in our search for the right candidates. Therefore we ask you send two things in with your application (please only continue if you find these both straightforward):
- A brief video introducing yourself and helping us to get a better idea of you as a candidate
You'll find more detailed information here, we look forward to hearing from you!