See all jobs
Nov 11th, 2020
Medium’s mission is to help people deepen their understanding of the world and discover ideas that matter. We are building a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers. We are crafting the best place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, experts, and storytellers can share big, innovative ideas.
At Medium, we’re proud of our product, our team, and our culture. Our IT team and the platforms we support ensures every colleague at Medium can be productive. We’re looking for mindful, empathetic, self-aware, and ambitious leaders to join our team and help us move thinking forward. With a strong focus on growth and personal development, Medium is the ideal place to develop your skills in an environment that is built on mutual trust and respect.
What will you do?
- As the IT Manager, you will lead a small team that manages end user help desk requests, onboarding/off-boarding of employees, internal systems and cloud services, and the data networks in our San Francisco and New York offices to ensure every Median is as productive as they can be.
- You will be responsible for growing and inspiring the team of IT support engineers through a combination of coaching, mentoring, feedback, and hands-on career development.
- You will help your team make smart technical decisions that balance both short-term and long-term goals.
- You will cultivate a healthy, collaborative company culture that’s in line with our values.
Who are you?
- You have 10+ years experience in IT and a good technical understanding of IT systems and infrastructure and how they work together
- -Experience with most of the following: Windows Server (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, RADIUS), Cisco/Meraki (or similar vendor) wired and wireless networks, MacOS, Google Workspace, Okta SSO, Slack, Zendesk, and Jira
- You have 3+ years experience managing an IT team
- You can balance the team’s needs to handle day-to-day tasks and projects that move the IT environment forward
- You have experience working with vendors, software costs, and managing budgets
We’d particularly love it if:
- You live near San Francisco, CA or New York, NY, but we will consider candidates outside of these areas
- You have managed office construction/build-outs and office moves
- You have worked for a company that is predominantly or entirely remote
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you.
Please note that communication regarding your application, interviews, and job offers will only come from e-mail addresses ending in "@medium.com". Anything else is not a legitimate outreach.