Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 7M users across 90k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub, and LinkedIn.
Founded in 2015, Loom has raised $73 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Coatue, the Slack Fund, and the founders of Instagram, Figma, and Front.
With the focus on reliability, scalability, efficiency, and high availability, the Infrastructure team is responsible for delivering and operating the foundational infrastructure platforms and secure cloud environment at Loom.
We're looking for an Infrastructure Engineer with a strong cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) experience. In this role, you will be designing and implementing across the ecosystem of infrastructure, tools, and services that the engineering teams build upon, such as our computing platform, service discovery, cloud provisioning, and networking stack. You will be technically challenged with everything from infrastructure tooling, automation, build and deployment pipelines, monitoring and logging architecture, containerization, and more. Your work will help to drive our key strategic initiatives that enable our engineers to deliver with velocity and improve our infrastructure to handle the next iteration of our recording experiences.
- Design, implement and monitor enterprise-grade secure fault-tolerant cloud infrastructure
- Build infrastructure automation tools and frameworks leveraging Kubernetes, Terraform, and Helm
- Continuously evaluate and identify current system bottlenecks, and implement solutions to improve the scalability of our infrastructure for 10x-100x growth
- Work with extended teams to manage systems and infrastructure required for ongoing development and releases
- You will help grow the team by mentoring and interviewing other talented engineers that want to join Loom
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in Linux System Administration
- 3+ years of experience with cloud services and security in an enterprise environment
- Experience working with technologies like AWS services, service mesh (like Istio), container orchestration technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, monitoring (like Datadog, Prometheus)
- Demonstrated expertise for leading cross-team technical engineering initiatives around infrastructure automation, cloud efficiency, and adopting best practices
- Ability to readily learn most technologies on-the-go.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of autonomy.
Perks at Loom:
* Competitive compensation and equity package
* 99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
* Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
* Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
* Long-term disability insurance
* 401(k) with 4% company matching
* Professional development reimbursement
* Mental health and wellness reimbursement
* Gym reimbursement
* Unlimited PTO
* Paid parental leave
* Remote work opportunities
* Home office & technology reimbursement
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.