Humans are born for connection
Localist is built to connect
Localist is a first of its kind community event platform for brands. Our mission is to help organizations leverage the power of events to spark ideas and spur movements. Our team thinks big, dreams big and delivers big. This is an excellent opportunity to join a high energy company with a dynamic team culture, at just the right time.
What you’ll do:
- Ship simple, approachable, performant, testable code.
- Communicate your recommended solutions and work to balance constraints in the short-term to reach your vision for the user in the long-term.
- Facilitate multiple types of research, identify customer pain points, and ensure usability of new designs.
- Collaborate with the head of product to ensure consistency across products, embrace our UX standards, best practices, styles, patterns, and guidelines as well as contribute to our design system.
- Facilitate and make informed technical decisions that drive the long term vision of connecting communities through events.
- Build workflow tools that enable our customers and event admins to publish beautiful event content faster and easier.
- Solve complex architecture problems in an extensible, maintainable way. Brings clarity to complex technical problems across the organization.
- Work closely on new features with others on the product team.
- Mentor your fellow product team members, participating in code reviews and working hand-in-hand with other developers.
- 5+ years of experience developing user interfaces for large scale applications, utilizing Ruby, Rails, ReactJS, HTML, CSS, MySQL
- Able to write approachable, performant code with comprehensive tests and thorough documentation.
- Love to make your customers and colleagues jobs easier through automation.
- Keep the big picture in mind, and strive to solve the root problem.
- Deep understanding of "designing for grandma," employing best-practice UX patterns, simplifying complex problems that require the least amount of UI possible.
- Experience developing a product from concept to launch (if you have public examples of existing products, that’s a huge plus).
- Experience collaborating with product managers, designers, and engineers.
- Experience developing user interfaces using a client-side technology such as React and Redux.
- Proficiency and ability to mentor others in web technologies.
- Experience in authoring UI for single page applications that meet WCAG 2.0 AA web accessibility standards to support customers who use assistive technologies.
- Expertise in design patterns, unit tests, and version control systems, especially git.
- Solid experience implementing features from style guides and user stories.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Competitive wages and flexible schedules
- Generous benefits package including:
- 100% paid medical, dental, vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Life insurance
- Long/short-term disability insurance
- 21 days PTO
- 4 paid days per year to volunteer for a not-for-profit of your choice