Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Creative Designer to own the ideation and creation of our highly-visible creative across multiple marketing channels. You are someone who can think big picture strategy, but also enjoys digging into the details to create visuals that are designed to inspire and drive action.
This role is for someone who has the desire to lead, shape, and have ownership of a hyper-growth company. We are looking for someone who is equal parts creative and strategic, with a passion for disrupting categories and driving consumer value. You think digital first, but are passionate about all aspects of bringing a brand to life.
**Please submit your a link to your portfolio or website to be considered for this role
- Partner with Marketing to create compelling, engaging stories and experiences that drive business goals.
- Develop scalable design solutions for marketing assets including (but not limited to) emails, landing pages, product integrations, advertisements, videos, and all social programs
- Work cross functionally with a wide range of teams including brand, product design, comms, editorial content, partnerships, and merchandising
- Support management of video, production, and creative agencies that support design of performance marketing assets across all channels (paid media, paid social, email)
- Manage brand standards and guidelines that ultimately help build brand awareness and affinity. Includes collaborating and ideating with designers and cross-functional partners to maintain and build upon visual brand standards for a wide range of design needs.
- Create brand assets ranging from photography, illustrations, and animations.
- Stay on top of the competitive design landscape to better understand brand objectives, target markets, and industry trends and share these insights with the team.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 8+ years as a visual designer at an agency or in-house creative studio - management experience is a plus
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Figma, and other design tools
- Expertise in After Effects, Premiere, and other motion graphics software
- Portfolio that includes digital, print, and video samples
- Ability to contribute to brainstorms and provide constructive feedback during design critiques
- Ability to align design solutions with overarching strategy and goals
- Technical understanding of the web development process and a basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Experience creating and/or managing media in a digital-focused environment
- Experience producing print assets, pop-ups events, and merchandise
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and agencies in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to effectively communicate design decisions and rationale
- Ability to execute pixel-perfect production assets
- Experience conceptualizing and executing art direction for photoshoots is a plus
- You are detail-oriented, with strong organizational and communication skills
- You have a strong work ethic
- You have the willingness to work in an extremely collaborative environment
Details of Position:
- Full-time, exempt position, reporting to our Design Director
- Position can be remote, Bay Area preferred
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional movement around the office may be necessary
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Standing desks and / or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.