Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
We are seeking a metrics and process driven game changer to develop and manage a new team of Enterprise Account Executives. This individual will be tasked with generating growth within new and existing customers and should have a proven track record in hyper-scaling sales teams. They will be required to manage a team to an aggressive target with expectations to overachieve.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing Enterprise Sales teams that are selling complex Database, Messaging, Big Data, Open Source and/or SaaS into large corporate and multinational companies.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where you will be developing and executing deal strategies, mentoring a team, and collaborating with every area of the organization, then this will be an ideal role for you.
What you will be doing:
- As a Regional sales leader you will be expected to exceed territory growth, revenue quota, and customer satisfaction goals
- Lead and manage a customer focused team of Account Executives to deliver customer business value and develop customer relationships
- Build awareness for Kafka and Confluent within large enterprises
- Take responsibility for overseeing accurate forecasting
- Collaborate with other departments in order to develop sales strategy for enhancing the company’s growth
- Effectively create and articulate value selling in various negotiations
- Assist in pricing strategy
- Ensure effective prospecting, up selling/cross selling, and pipeline development
- Maintain consistent implementation of effective sales processes for optimum performance and success of the organization
- Keep a pulse on the market: Know the landscapes and trends that may shift tactical budgets and strategic directions of accounts
- Build and maintain relationships with new and existing Confluent partners
What we are looking for:
- At least 6 years of Enterprise selling experience, with 2+ years of Sales Management within the technology industry
- Extensive knowledge of how software is positioned and sold to Enterprise IT executives within the Fortune 1000
- A metrics driven mindset with a strong analytical approach
- Previous Sales Methodology training
- Experience building organizations and hiring and training top talent
- Proven track record of over-achieving quota in past opportunities
- Ability to negotiate mutually agreeable outcomes with customers and internal stakeholders
- Strong customer references
- Entrepreneurial spirit/mindset with flexibility towards dynamic change
- Successful start-up experience with contributions to growth through acquisition or IPO is desired
- Located in NJ, MD, DC, VA, etc (traveling as needed throughout Northeast)
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice
, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.