Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
In scaling up the people practices and operations to keep pace with the astronomical growth at Confluent, a unique opportunity exists for an experienced and passionate People Programs Lead. This role is part of the Strategic People Programs and Analytics team, which is responsible for leading cross-functional People projects and initiatives for the enhancement of both operational efficiencies and employee experience throughout the employee lifecycle. This is a fast-paced role where each day will be different from the next and will offer diverse and interesting challenges. You will partner closely with cross-functional teams and People Business Partners on global strategy and implementation of People initiatives and projects.
This position is an individual contributor role and reports directly to our People Analytics and Program Manager
- Project Management - Lead cross-functional and often time sensitive strategic initiatives and projects for the enhancement of both operational efficiencies and employee experience through the employee lifecycle. Ensure project roles and responsibilities are clear, ensure alignment across all contributors, and on-time, on-budget project delivery.
- Project Dashboard & Tools - Leverage project management technology/tools to determine project priority and feasibility and resource allocation.
- Program Design & Evaluation - Design, build, implement and mature employee-centric People Programs such as career development and employee engagement surveys. Strive to ensure employees feel heard and are given the resources and support they need to grow and thrive. Collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to determine programs’ effectiveness.
- Change Management - Lead change management to ensure new programs and processes land well with Confluent employees and the People team. Own and deliver user-friendly training and job-aid resources on new programs and processes.
- Partnership - Build strong partnership with the People Operations, People Business Partners, IT and Corporate Communications teams by facilitating communication, coordination, planning, and execution across partners.
- Communication - Prepare project correspondence and presentations, as needed, for status reports, executive updates, meetings, annual planning, etc.
- Bachelors' degree in areas such as Human Resources, Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of Overall People Ops or HR experience, including 2+ years of Project Management experience in implementing, building and deploying HR projects
- Strong experience in project management technology/tools
- Customer oriented and strong communicator with demonstrated experience influencing and collaborating cross-functionally
- High attention to detail and skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- PMP or Other project management certificate
- Experience in quantitative analysis to convey a data-driven story to technical and non-technical audiences around business insights
- Ability to work in a fast moving and changing environment with excellent organization and follow-through skills
- Experience with Confluence and Workday
- Process improvement experience
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks with varying degrees of complexity and priority for a global organization
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice
, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.