Applicant Region: Toronto and North America - APPLY ONLY IF YOU RESIDE IN NORTH AMERICA
Position Type: Full-time (completely remote)
Submission Requirements: Applicants are asked to include a CV or Resume when reaching out to us for an interview.
Avante is looking for an experienced python/full-stack developer who is interested in working in a start-up like environment and helping our team build out cutting-edge underwriting technologies. We are building out exciting technologies (using Agile methodologies) at scale on AWS using some of the following technologies:
Your responsibilities will include working with underwriters and business associates planning + building new features, fixing existing bugs, and working on performance problems. We are looking for engineers excited about working on hard problems and also feel comfortable with ownership of complicated technical problems.
- Implementation of software features based on written and visual/design specifications.
- Quality assurance testing of software contributions. Testing may be performed manually or may take place in the form of automated unit testing.
- Participation and attendance in regularly scheduled SCRUM meetings.
- Development of software patches or fixes for known bugs or malfunctions i.e. respond to bug reports.
- Use of organizational and digital communication software to effectively contribute to assigned task works.
- Conformance to standard company operating procedures in all responsibilities.
- Developing front end architecture.
- Developing back end applications with python, Django, PostgreSQL, and Linux.
- Creating servers and databases for functionality.
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Staying well-informed of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Version control / Git
- Algorithms & Data Structures
- Fundamental principles of software development / software engineering
- Exposure to data types and some knowledge of algorithms
- A strong interest or experience in developing software with graphical user interfaces
- Solid understanding of version control systems e.g. Git or mercurial
- Some familiarity with Linux/Unix is preferred
- Python: 4 years
- Django: 2 years
- React.js: 2 years