Senior Software Engineer
About the role,
Lana’s engineering team is still young (15 - 20 engineers) but it is growing very fast and needs to have clear architectural guidelines to make sure that all pieces work together.
We are still at a very early stage as a company, so all our positions are hands-on positions, and we expect from all team members to contribute to agile product delivery.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer Lead that is willing to take the challenge of bringing Lana’s architecture to the next level while supporting/coaching his peers (engineers, product managers…) to understand it so they can make decisions that are more in line with the architecture, and with the business needs.
This is a hands-on role so you will also be assigned to a team and will have to develop critical services enforcing our architecture guidelines.
As we mentioned we are quite early-stage company, so it's a great opportunity to make your mark from the very beginning. Your decisions will affect how the company moves in the future.
We’re looking for a talented and experienced engineer with a proven track record on implementing / managing complex distributed architectures in startups / scale-ups.
You would enjoy this if you have:
- Interest in solving business problems by using technology
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Solid experience as an engineer (>5 years)
- Experience in distributed and complex systems
- Architect solutions around observability, scalability, and security
- (Nice to have) Experience in fintech or financial services
Who are you?
- You are socially conscious and consider your job as a mean to have an impact
- You are humble and eager to learn
- You are interested in understanding the business
- You prefer leading by example than imposition
- You are proactive to take on responsibilities, make decisions and always have solid arguments
- You can defend your ideas but are flexible and empathetic to understand other’s positions
- You strive to "work yourself out of a job", by empowering each team to become self-managing and autonomous
- You know how to make tradeoffs. You translate ideas and needs into actionable plans at various levels (roadmaps, milestones, tasks, etc.).
- You can help our engineers be more efficient at performing their jobs through best practices
- You are comfortable communicating in English (spoken and written).
- You are able to work from a European or American time zone.
This of course is not a comprehensive list that you have to match 100% but just a general guideline, if you don't fit all of it, apply anyway!
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want to change that. Here are some more reasons why to join us:
- Flexible working hours and full remote is up to you!
- Along with your local paid vacation plus all the public holidays, you will have half a day on your birthday and child's birthday.
- Other benefits :)
- Fun team and personal development programs.
- (If you join us in a city where we have an office) Nice office environment with free fruit and coffee.
- Any additional benefit approved by Lana’s board for your employee tier.
- Great team and culture, just bring yourself!!!
Lana is proud of being an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of background, gender, religion, orientation, age, or ability.