See all jobs
Dec 26th, 2020
Senior Data Scientist, Acquisition
Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 7M users across 90k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub, and LinkedIn.
Founded in 2015, Loom has raised $73 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Coatue, the Slack Fund, and the founders of Instagram, Figma, and Front.
We’re looking to add a Senior Data Scientist to our growing Data team to help us measure the impact of our Acquisition initiatives (Marketing and Sales) and identify growth and optimization opportunities to unlock the next stage of Loom’s growth.
We have rich, complex datasets and our team performs a wide variety of analytical tasks, ranging from conducting ad-hoc research, creating dashboards, building funnels, designing and evaluating tests, crafting complex database queries and ETL pipelines, and developing sophisticated predictive models. The ideal candidate will be data-driven, intellectually curious, and a clear communicator.
- Measure the impact of Acquisition initiatives (Marketing & Sales) and identify growth and optimization opportunities
- Partner with Marketing and Sales teams to provide data support through dashboards, analyses and adhoc requests
- Design and develop core business metrics, create insightful automated dashboards (and the necessary data pipelines) and data visualization to track progress
- Build marketing attribution to understand where users are coming from, ROI on campaigns and lifetime value model to inform customer acquisition costs
- Proactively derive data insights and turn them into growth recommendations, communicate results and learnings to the rest of the team
- Develop a thorough understanding of traffic, funnels, conversion rates and user behavior using large clickstream event data (from web and mobile apps)
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in a data science or analytics role turning data into insights and recommendations
- Strong analytical and communication skills with the ability to synthesize insights into compelling stories
- Experience with marketing attribution, lifetime value and churn prediction models
- Good business sense, marketing, sales and acquisition domain knowledge
- Proficiency in SQL (Snowflake, Postgres) - able to write structured and efficient queries on large data sets
- Experience with a statistical scripting language (e.g. R or Python)
- Experience with a Business Intelligence tool (e.g. Tableau or Mode)
- Experience with Google Analytics and the underlying data in BigQuery is a plus
- Experience with ETL tools such as Airflow or DBT is a plus
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field or higher
Perks at Loom:
* Competitive compensation and equity package
* 99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
* Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
* Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
* Long-term disability insurance
* 401(k) with 4% company matching
* Professional development reimbursement
* Mental health and wellness reimbursement
* Gym reimbursement
* Unlimited PTO
* Paid parental leave
* Remote work opportunities
* Home office & technology reimbursement
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.