Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
We’re looking for a commercial transactions attorney to join our growing team. This role will be the first sales legal support located in Europe, supporting strategic transactions for Atlassian in a strong and continually growing market for Atlassian. As a foundational member of the legal team in Europe, you will have an exciting opportunity to grow the team, and establish the legal team’s presence, from the ground up. As a member of our commercial transactions team, you will draft and negotiate a variety of outbound contracts, with an emphasis on enterprise agreements.
This individual may be located in our Amsterdam office, but we are open to hiring in one of our other European office locations, or remotely in the EU or UK for the right candidate.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Negotiating enterprise cloud and license agreements for applicable Atlassian products and services in support of direct and channel sales in EMEA.
- Collaborating with our privacy, risk and compliance, security, finance, accounting and product teams to facilitate contract reviews and internal process improvement, and development and enhancement of our customer-facing forms.
- Providing pragmatic, business-minded guidance on contract-related issues.
- Developing support materials and providing trainings to educate our direct sales and channel teams on contract terms and other legal issues.
- Coordinating with US-based legal colleagues to harmonize recurring EMEA customer requests and reduce friction points.
- Cultivating a detailed working knowledge of priorities and business strategies of sales and channels teams, and fostering strong relationships with key partners.
More about the qualifications of an ideal candidate:
- 4+ years of experience (with at least two of those years in-house required) drafting and negotiating enterprise technology contracts directly with customers.
- Legally permitted to practice law in at least one EU member state or in the UK.
- Strong knowledge of commercial law application in civil law jurisdictions.
- Experience in discussing data protection topics, particularly with respect to GDPR and EU state-specific implementation regimes, and revenue recognition issues in connection with sales contracts.
- Excellent judgment and strong communication skills.
- Self-starter and great teammate with a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Ability to handle competing priorities in a dynamic environment and collaborate across a distributed team.
- Willingness to handle new areas of responsibility.
- Fluency in English, as a minimum (proficiency in other languages such as Dutch, German, French, or others, is a bonus).
- CIPP/E certification, understanding of EMEA financial services and other regulatory regimes is a bonus, but not a requirement.
More About Our Team
Atlassian’s Legal Team is a valued and dynamic group. We are viewed as key partners in critical decision-making that impacts the entire company due to our practical and business-oriented advice and solutions. This small but mighty team is highly collaborative and supportive - we truly like working with each other and cheer on our teammates in all endeavors.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub