Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
We are looking for a dynamic and resourceful Head of Customer Success, to lead a rapidly expanding Customer Success organization at Atlassian. This role will create and run the strategy and investment for Customer Success, collaborating with cross-functional strategic leaders across Product Growth, Analytics, Marketing, Sales, Services and Support. This position will be instrumental in defining the strategic direction and operational strategies for how Atlassian connects product value to customer outcomes.
Atlassian has over 180,000 customers across the whole range of SMB to Enterprise, and a broad portfolio of products for Agile, DevOps, ITSM and Work Management solutions. We are seeking someone who can create an amazingly effective and efficient Customer Success program that can drive measurable product adoption gains for all segments of our customer base across our entire product portfolio.
More about you
As the senior leader and strategic owner of the Customer Success team, the person in this role should be passionate about shaping all aspects of the organization - setting measurable and challenging objectives, mentoring leaders, hiring top talent, establishing practitioner disciplines, nurturing the team culture, cultivating cross-organizational partnerships, and driving continuous improvement with a data driven mindset.
You will join our Customer Success & Innovation organization at an exciting time - Atlassian is growing rapidly year-on-year, and we want to scale intelligently while helping our customers unlock value from our products faster. This is an opportunity to play a major role in achieving that goal. Are you ready for a new and exciting challenge?
To be successful in this role you will:
- Hire, mentor, and shape the capability of a global and rapidly expanding customer success organization, with an eye to developing leaders and attracting top talent
- Develop a data-driven customer success strategy for applying effective tech-touch, low touch, and high touch engagement models across our customer segments from SMB to Enterprise
- Shape the organizational objectives and success metrics, and guide your functional leaders on achieving measurable customer success outcomes
- Partner with marketing, analytics, and product teams to continuously evolve the engagement models for onboarding, adoption, expansion, and retention
- Create a teaming model for partnering with sales, services, and channel partners on a cohesive approach to enterprise account success
- Monitor and streamline critical business frameworks and operational processes to create a highly effective Customer Success discipline and organization
- Define and implement a strategy to improve customer experience and engagement, scale the team, develop talent, balance cost, lower churn, all towards the net result of greater customer product adoption
- Present strategy, insights, financial/non-financial achievements, and quarterly progress updates to senior stakeholders in a compelling manner
You would be a great fit if:
- You have current experience as a VP or Sr. Director of Customer Success, and have 8+ years of increased leadership exposure in fast growing global SaaS success organization serving tech-savvy customers, with a breadth of exposure to both SMB and Enterprise customer needs
- Leadership experience leading large teams to meet and exceed operational performance goals
- Experience managing managers and a proven track record to scale organizations up to 100+ in size
- You have experience in designing and implementing talent cultivating programs that grows strong leaders and strong success teams
- You have related experience in building a customer-centric culture that champions a customer first mentality
- You have demonstrated experience with interpreting data analytics to derive insight and drive customer value
- You can demonstrate success in cross functional influence and inspiring change in a matrices environment
- You are passionate about the customer and delivering focused measurable improvements
- Experience dealing with competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
More about our team
The team is filled with top-notch customer-facing individuals that are excited to be building a new customer engagement model and experience for our customers. We challenge one another every day and hold ourselves accountable for our work product and customer outcomes. We all enjoy the interactions with the customers, problem-solving, digging into sophisticated business problems, and actively championing for customers within Atlassian. We wake up every morning asking ourselves how we can improve our customer's Atlassian experience, the quality of our product, the caliber of our systems, or our own individual opportunities. We rise to new challenges, and lean on each other’s expertise to accelerate our learning capability. Our team is open, filled with varied backgrounds and talents, respectful, focused, located around the globe, and is all about continually enhancing the impact that Atlassian can have on unleashing the potential of our customers.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub