Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
Kraken is a market leader in one of the most innovative and fast growing industries in the world. We are expanding and innovating throughout all aspects of the company to support this rapid growth, and to ensure that we can effectively execute on our highly ambitious short-, medium- and long-term plans for regional product and market growth.
The Regional Operations Manager will play a critical role on a team that is core to Kraken’s global operating effectiveness. You will be expected to provide leadership in a highly cross-functional context, and work directly with nearly every team and department in the company. This close integration into all functional areas of Kraken means you will have a unique opportunity to positively influence the entire organization and drive initiatives that directly impact the company’s bottom line. You will work closely with many Krakenites across levels of seniority and spanning multiple departments, helping the organization stay coordinated in this incredibly exciting, innovative and expanding environment.
- Work with the Managing Director of Europe & Regional Operations to define and optimize the global deployment of Kraken’s regional operating infrastructure
- Support the execution of multi-region new-product and new-market initiatives by providing cross-functional program management to ensure a seamless transition from strategic opportunity development to revenue realization
- Work with Managing Directors, finance, compliance, and legal teams to analyze and make recommendations regarding regional operations structure to maximize regulatory, tax, and strategic partnership opportunities
- Work with Kraken Intelligence to develop regional client and market growth performance metrics and insights to help identify opportunities for improvement; analyze trends and coordinate information with regional marketing teams to improve effectiveness of client outreach initiatives
- Build and manage the Regional Operations team, facilitating their growth and leveraging their talent to achieve departmental and organizational objectives
- Cultivate a deep understanding of operational best practices across Managing Director-led regions, and develop the corporate resources, processes, and standards to implement them across operating theaters
- Identify potential areas of inefficiency, redundancy, bottlenecked progress or scaling challenges between regional operating theaters, and devise and execute process improvements to address them
- Establish strong working relationships across functions and management levels, working collaboratively and independently
- Bring structure and clarity to complex, often ambiguous operational issues
- Execute program-level work while keeping deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years experience in a similar field and roles; preferred experience in a top management consulting firm
- Strong interest in and familiarity with both cryptocurrency and traditional financial industries
- Experience and proven track record in business process management consulting or operations roles in the financial services or technology industries
- Experience in organizational and process change management at growth-scale or larger firms
- Experience managing cross-functional teams
- Experience managing multiple direct reports
- Experience navigating complex operational hurdles in hyper-growth companies
- Entrepreneurial mindset with excellent attention to detail and follow through
- Experience in international markets and working across geographies
- Strong contextualization and second-order thinking ability
- Ability to work a flexible full-time schedule to coordinate with global stakeholders
- Creativity, adaptability, tenacity, a sense of urgency and hands-on, roll-up your sleeves work ethic
- Excellent organizational and workload management skills, especially with respect to prioritization and proactive verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to deconstruct convoluted problems and develop precise plans of action
Nice to have
- MBA degree from a top graduate program
- Knowledge of Lean principles, six sigma and/or business process management concepts
- Advanced user of Excel and Powerpoint with a good familiarity of G-Suite equivalents
- Intermediate or greater SQL proficiency a major plus
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us: