Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Atlassian is looking for an experienced and hardworking engineering manager to lead the Cloud Core Administration team in Mountain View. This team is passionate about delivering frictionless and delightful Atlassian admin experience that empowers admins to manage every aspect of their organization, improves their efficiency, and helps reduce security and compliance risks. Within this scope, the team’s focus is on foundational admin-facing capabilities available across all editions.
This is a full-stack team responsible for delivering feature functionality into Atlassian’s administration portal admin.atlassian.com
. You will manage a group of hardworking engineers at varying job levels, from new college grads to outstanding senior engineers. You will be responsible for their day-to-day work as well as mentoring them as they climb up their career ladders. You will work closely with your design and product management counterparts to fill use case gaps, improve API footprint, and raise the bar on user experience
If you want the fast-paced environment of a startup, in a well-funded mid-size company, and are eager to have a multiplier effect on a team of engineers, then this is your dream job!
Core responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Detailed execution plans for products and features
- Yearly/quarterly/sprint planning, and other agile rituals
- Manage customer issues, partner concerns, & be involved in other customer interactions like product feedback
- Handle reliability, performance and efficiency metrics for team and the services owned by the team
- Participate in hiring planning and other budgeting exercises
- Encourage innovation and operational excellence within the team
- Collaborate with partners to get clarity on priorities, scheduling and scope of work
- Participate in technical/architectural discussions, provide direction when necessary, drive outcomes
On your first day, we'll expect you to have the following skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent; Master's degree in Computer Science preferred
- Industry experience working as a hands-on engineering manager, managing a team of engineers
- Fluency in Java (or other object-oriented programming languages)
- At least five years of industry experience as a backend or full stack engineer
- At least 3 years of experience building distributed systems for a SaaS product
- At least 3 years of experience with true continuous delivery to a production system
- At least 3 years of Project Management driving multi-team projects
- Experience leading Engineering teams for a Saas product without QA teams / Deep understanding of SaaS product quality control
- Familiarity with industry-standard monitoring systems (e.g.: Splunk, DataDog, New Relic, etc.)
- Comfortable with on-call 24x7 and driving a culture of continuous improvement from the ashes of incidents
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Passionate about mentoring engineers and helping others achieve their career goals
- Partnering with product managers and designers to craft the course of a product
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Experience using AWS (or another public cloud) and Docker containers
- Familiarity with the Spring framework
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub