At Confluent, we’re creating a category that transforms how every company manages and streams data. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s Confluent in action—giving our customers instant access to massive amounts of real-time data, enabling them to thrive in an ever-changing digital world. As one of the fastest-growing enterprise companies in history, and with Fortune 100 customers across major industries, we have a tremendous opportunity in front of us. We also have experience on our side. Our leaders have taken companies of our size to major success before and include some of the original creators of Apache Kafka®.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s unlimited potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks with the backing and support of our #OneTeam culture. Be part of inclusive initiatives like Employee Resource Groups and development programs, and take advantage of benefits that support our diverse global teams. Grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the team:
Confluent is growing at an incredible rate with a large amount of our growth taking place working with
our Marketplace Cloud Providers. We are looking for a Business Manager to join our team to support
Marketplace opportunities and processes within Sales Operations. Reporting to the Deals Desk Director,
you will have an opportunity to work cross-functionally throughout our organization on a variety of
projects that support the marketplace deal processes. For this role, an analytical, problem-solving
mindset with attention to detail are imperative, along with strong communications skills.
- Work with cross functional teams: act as a liaison among Finance, Business Development, Sales, Engineering and Cloud Providers to facilitate the deal process for “non-standard” Marketplace opportunities, including the eligibility requirements, implementation and documentation. Work at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Engage with Engineering and Finance teams to optimize the processes between Confluent and the Cloud Provider and expand Marketplace functionality.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the full quote to cash process and requirements for each of three primary Cloud Providers.
- Manage the development of customer relationships through the Marketplace. Directly engage with customers, external third parties and internal stakeholders to ensure a successful on-boarding process to the Confluent cloud on each Marketplace platform.
- Drill into Marketplace transactions that require customer-specific activities or changes, including engaging internal teams to find solutions and coordinating with external Cloud providers to effect the required changes.
- Manage Marketplace transactions throughout their life-cycle including mid-term expansions, multi-year commitments and cancellations.
- Assist in overseeing the Marketplace strategy, management, forecasts and results. These include developing reports for short and long term objectives, customer metrics, and overall performance of each Solution Providers.
- Provide on-going strategic insights and recommendations via monthly reports of each Solution Providers. Putting into place action items to ensure efficiency of the overall Marketplace channel.
What we are looking for:
- 5-10 years experience in project management, business analysis and customer engagement
- Strong analytical skills in process documentation and process improvement
- Strong communications skills, experience in customer facing role required
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities; able to show entrepreneurial initiative
- Able to take leadership role in handling potentially challenging and politically important customer situations, use all available resources appropriately and communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders on complex issues
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice
, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.