Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
If you are passionate about working with smart teams and passionate about providing high-quality service to the world's largest customers this role could be perfect for you! We are looking for customer champions who drive alignment and impact across product and operations teams. You are focused on improving broader customer experience and having a visible global impact on processes, products, and teams.
In this role you will:
- Be part of the global technical escalation management to ensure customer success with Atlassian products
- Use professional written and verbal communications to a customer base to resolve application issues
- Resolve customer issues involving code error diagnosis, debugging, validation, and root cause analysis
- Creation and curation of knowledge-base articles and documentation to help customers help themselves
- Perform case reviews to identify trends and improvement areas and define action plans for support engineers
- Evaluate active tickets, prioritizing workload, strategic projects, and monitoring queue health
- Build internal relationships with our development and product management teams to help communicate the needs and urgency of our customers
- Advocate for our customers, influence product direction through customer feedback
- Developing your team in becoming highly skilled support engineers with subject matter expertise in all types of technologies across the Atlassian stack
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums, and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Work collaboratively with diverse global teams and drives inclusive work environments in accordance with Atlassian values.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Extensive experience with technical support, software services, and/or system administration for a large end-user community.
- Experience in working with Enterprise customers.
- Strong database skills, with the expertise to write and update SQL queries with ease
- Deep understanding of SSO, SAML, LDAP, Active Directory, SSL, etc
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience with APIs and REST calls
- Experience understand and supporting Java apps, especially the JVM components.
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies, Jira and Confluence will be an added advantage.
- Have an understanding of Network terminologies MIB, SNMP, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, OSI, NAT, DHCP, DNS, Routing Protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF).
- Proven ability to deescalate difficult situations with customers, while multi-tasking between tickets and mentoring your team
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor other support engineers to grow their technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills, possessing the ability to support customers over email, phone or screen-shares
- Ability to successfully manage your time, balancing multiple tasks with varying levels of priority and urgency
- Able to effectively communicate as the internal specialist with customers at an executive level on in-depth technical details, progress, and next steps.
More about our team:
The team is filled with customer-focused individuals that champion and support industry-leading products used by a growing list of 85K customers globally. We challenge one another every day and hold ourselves accountable for our work product, as well as our customer's overall success. We all enjoy the interactions with customers, problem-solving, digging into complex issues, and actively championing for customers within Atlassian. We wake up every morning asking ourselves how we can improve the customer's experience, the quality of our product, the quality of our support system, or our individual weaknesses. We are not scared of challenges, nor do we back down or get deterred by tough problems. We are at our best when problems seem the hardest, pushing to identify root causes and solutions. We are a combination of passion and persistence. We feel that through our roles we can positively impact millions of end-users and their experience with Atlassian products. Our team is open, filled with varied backgrounds and talents, respectful, focused, located around the globe, and all about providing legendary service to our customers.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process, and while performing job functions. Please note that you will have the opportunity to request accommodations at each stage of the assessment process. To request accommodations before scheduling an interview, please reach out to email@example.com and someone will follow up shortly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub