At Confluent, we’re creating a category that transforms how every company manages and streams data. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s Confluent in action—giving our customers instant access to massive amounts of real-time data, enabling them to thrive in an ever-changing digital world. As one of the fastest-growing enterprise companies in history, and with Fortune 100 customers across major industries, we have a tremendous opportunity in front of us. We also have experience on our side. Our leaders have taken companies of our size to major success before and include some of the original creators of Apache Kafka®.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s unlimited potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks with the backing and support of our #OneTeam culture. Be part of inclusive initiatives like Employee Resource Groups and development programs, and take advantage of benefits that support our diverse global teams. Grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
As part of our rapid growth, we’re looking to expand our Customer Success leadership team. The Manager, Customer Success will help lead, develop and grow a team focused on the health of customers within Confluent’s West/Central region. Successful candidates will drive a high performance, high accountability culture to meet and exceed adoption and retention goals. We are seeking candidates who have a passion for using data and creative thinking to drive constant improvement to Confluent’s processes and customer engagements. An ideal candidate will be an advocate for their teammates and their customers alike.
- Directly oversee a team of Customer Success Managers. Engage in weekly 1:1’s to coach, mentor, and assist CSMs to measure, promote, and maintain high levels of customer health and adoption.
- Accountable for success metrics and retention of a defined account base across the West/Central USA region.
- Tracking and consistently reducing time to value for new customers with Confluent products.
- Identifying and driving constant improvement in Confluent’s internal processes for managing critical customer concerns. Advocating for customers internally.
- Forecasting renewal metrics to the Director, Customer Success and Regional Sales leadership.
- Ensuring a team of CSMs have all resources needed to be successful in their daily workflow.
- Collaborating with sales, support, marketing, and other field teams on addressing issues which may be impeding customers’ success with Confluent products and expansion of use within an account.
- Continuously work to improve and scale the Global Customer Success organization by sharing process frameworks, tools, and best practices that can be easily adopted to increase organizational development and efficiency.
- Partnering with leaders in the Customer Solutions group to ensure aligned post-sales accountability.
What We're Looking for:
- Strong people manager and mentor. Thrives in motivating a distributed team.
- Must believe cultivating in a “one team” collaborative atmosphere. 10+ years’ relevant experience in Account Management, Sales, Customer Success. 5+ years in leadership.
- Open, growth mindset and high degrees of self accountability, fostered in a face-paced, high growth, dynamic environment.
- Strong executive presence, communication (verbal, written, presentation) and facilitation skills with experience engaging and partnering at all levels internally and with key external stakeholders.
- Strong customer centric mindset. Awareness of customer journey framework with the ability to prescribe ideal outcomes and guide customers along the path.
- Experience identifying risk and running mitigation plays against customer churn. In tandem, proactively crafting structures to ensure risk does not become a pattern across a base of accounts.
- Contract negotiation experience with ability to provide timely recommendations and drive decisions for mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Enterprise technology aptitude.
- Prior experience working at a company with SaaS product offerings.
- Experience producing management dashboards and scorecards using BI solutions such as Metabase or Tableau.
- Fantastic sense of humor
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice
, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.