Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
About the Role
This role is remote.
Our Engineering team is having a blast while delivering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform out there. Help us continue to define and lead the industry.
- Integrating various blockchains into our staking system
- Ensuring rewards are distributed to clients accurately and efficiently
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection systems
- Write highly scalable, high volume services
- Create optimized database schemas
- Own, develop and maintain staking services
- 3+ years of experience as a backend developer
- Experience with Proof of Stake (PoS) blockchains such as Tezos, Cosmos, or Polkadot
- Familiarity with decentralized finance (DeFi) products such as liquidity pools and yield farming
- Strong proficiency with Node.js, Typescript and various frameworks
- Ability to handle the DevOps side of production services using tools like Docker
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Understanding user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Experience with automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Basic experience with other languages such as: C++, Rust, or Go
- Desire to make the best staking platform out there
- Strong passion for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us: