See all jobs
Feb 10th, 2021
Senior Product Manager, Pogs
Here at Medium, we are building the best place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas; a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers.
Medium started in 2012 as an elegant, blank canvas for anyone to share their thoughts or ideas with the world. Writers are core to our platform and germinate the discussions taking place in myriad communities across Medium’s network. On Medium, writers begin their journey by leveraging our network for reach, but quickly move towards establishing a distinct brand, building a loyal audience, and making money from their creative energy. As a Product Manager on the Creator Experience team you’ll work to intimately understand the needs of writers and build tools to help them define their brand, express their ideas, amplify their voice and engage their audience on the platform. You’ll work to significantly increase the number and quality of writers that choose Medium as their home, help new ones get discovered and support them on their path towards success.
What You'll Do:
- Own and develop the product vision and roadmap for high-visibility products that enable creators to build a brand, express their ideas, and engage with their readers.
- In collaboration with our UX team, conduct research into opportunities to design fair and transparent systems and help creators thrive. Synthesize research findings with learnings from User Happiness and Data Science to develop an opinion on the highest-impact initiatives.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, and Medium’s in-house editorial team within an agile process to develop features.
- Balance technical and UX debt against launching and iterating on new features quickly. Maintain a high bar for accessibility and performance as core to a good user experience.
- Evangelize the team’s work to the organization and regularly engage in robust dialogue with executive leadership about your product(s).
Who Are You:
- You have at least 4 years experience as a PM working on consumer web and/or mobile applications.
- You can consider multiple customers at once, bridging the needs of creators as well as readers to identify solutions that are beneficial to both.
- You have proven experience working collaboratively with design and engineering peers, and defining solutions with cross-functional partners. Bonus points if you’ve worked on large-scale social networks, products for the creator economy or vibrant communities.
- You are an excellent communicator. You are comfortable having conversations with executives and junior team members (and everyone in between) as part of your daily work.
- You welcome the challenge of defining success for products that cannot be easily judged by A/B test results. You have strong product instincts, and know how to validate them with data.
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We understand the value of diverse backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.Interested? We'd love to hear from you.
Please note that communication regarding your application, interviews, and job offers will only come from e-mail addresses ending in "@medium.com". Anything else is not a legitimate outreach.