Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Atlassian is searching for a backend Software Engineer to join the Jira Cloud Scale & Performance team in Gdansk.
The Jira Cloud Scale & Performance is responsible for improving scalability of Jira Cloud, the most popular product among 194 000 Atlassian customers
all over the world.
Now, the team behind the Jira Cloud platform has a huge role to play in enabling our customers' journey to the Cloud
. Together, we are enabling customers to confidently extend their Atlassian Cloud products, without trading off on security or reliability.
Where you’ll make an impact:
- As a member of the Jira Cloud Scale & Performance team, you will build, improve and operate the infrastructure, services and APIs that are part of Jira Cloud platform, a building block used by Jira Software, Jira Service Management and other products including third party developers to extend Atlassian products.
- We will focus especially on the needs of Enterprise customers, who seek guarantees that Jira Cloud meets their scale requirement.
- Together we will work on solutions increasing Jira Cloud throughput and performance, a foundation for constantly growing Cloud customer base, yet not impacting user experience. For example how can we scale horizontally introducing eventual consistency whilst having no impact on reliability and user experience?
- In this role, you will collaborate closely not only with your immediate team, but also with engineers across a wide range of Jira Cloud product family, infrastructure teams, as well as with product managers.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Understanding software development in JVM languages like Java or Kotlin and an understanding of how to write performant, decoupled, testable, maintainable code.
- Understanding of high-availability, fault-tolerant, scalable, distributed systems.
- Willingness to take ownership of the software you write all the way to production, and experience operating software in production. This includes building monitoring into your code, tweaking dashboards, defining alerts, writing runbooks, etc...
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and software development practices (unit testing, pair programming, and continuous integration).
- Ability to communicate and collaborate on ideas and designs with your team and beyond, in a remote working environment.
- A "non-hero approach": rather than celebrating heroic efforts pulled off to resolve an incident, prefer engaging in engineering practices that avoid the incidents in the first place!
The following are not required, but definite bonuses:
- Experience with Amazon AWS cloud offering
- Experience with RDMS, Elasticsearch
- Good understanding of typical web application patterns and challenges of both microservices and serverless architectures.
- Experience with incident management processes and participating in 24/7 on-call rosters.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some great perks: time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, outstanding ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub