Hyperscience is a technology company blazing a new path in enterprise automation with a reimagined approach to building and powering processes. The Hyperscience Platform is the world's first Software-Defined, Input-to-Outcome Automation platform used by top public companies and government organizations around the world to build and run mission-critical processes with ease and speed.
Hyperscience helps enterprises quickly build and roll out new business processes with built-in automations, reduce manual errors, increase high- and low-skilled employee productivity, and eliminate the need for costly transformation. Hyperscience’s Intelligent Document Processing solution has been implemented at some of the world's leading financial services, insurance, healthcare and government organizations, including TD Ameritrade, QBE Insurance Group Limited and Voya Financial, helping them lower costs, reduce error rates by 67% and increase employee capacity by 10x.
Since its founding in 2014, Hyperscience has grown to more than 250 employees with offices in New York City, Sofia, Bulgaria, and London, UK, and has consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work, with a collaborative and innovative culture and best-in-class benefits.
Our Solutions Architect team within Professional Services delivers high-value services, assisting with partner enablement and support, architecture design, assessment, optimization, and definition. This role requires a unique combination of skills including channel go-to-market strategy, communications, data analytics as well as systems integration experience. Sales and implementation understanding, as well as technical acumen allow them to empower our partners and customers with creative solutions and advocate Hyperscience offerings within the market and our business. For direct customers, Solutions Architecture professionals translate customer integration requirements into solutions that will create value for Hyperscience, our customers and partners utilizing the expansive capabilities of the platform.
This is a full-time position based in NYC (preferred) or can be remote in EST time zone.
- Facilitate partner training and enablement activities, including documentation, recorded training sessions, classroom sessions, hands-on exercises and overall driving success of our channel partner business
- Shadow partners involved with implementation and support activities with the objective of making them self-sufficient and having an appropriate experience
- Support, own and troubleshoot any partner-related issues through cross-functional collaboration
- Assist partners with creation of Statement of Work and other relevant templates regarding Hyperscience-specific content and best practices
- Define, analyze, solve, and document the business requirements and processes for Hyperscience for our customer’s integration specifications and objectives using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and available industry standard techniques
- Explain and educate on complex solutions and integrations in a clear and articulate manner
- Provide technical SME support in reviewing large transformational / complex technical solutions / data models in terms of compliance to requirements, efficiency of solution or implementation
- Provide functional support to the development team to use the functional specifications and requirements to develop technical solutions
- Articulate Hyperscience’s framework and engagement approach around our Cloud and modernization offerings from a technical and business perspective
- Create reusable artifacts from perspective of technology, product, domain and infrastructure as applicable from past solutions
- Requires up to 75% domestic travel to client sites.
- The ideal candidate has both a strategic business background, as well as a deep understanding of partner programs, partner enablement, and sales functions.
- A demonstrated ability to think strategically about business challenges, and are able to build and convey compelling plans and frameworks.
- Adept at process assessments and understands applications of automation in different business domains
- You have a natural ability to balance multiple projects and work within a high-growth and constantly evolving environment.
- You have a passion for solving complex business challenges and thrive on constantly improving the partner experience.
- 5+ years experience documenting design specifications and configuration instructions;
- 5+ years experience performing systems management and integration functions;
- 5+ years experience collaborating with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components;
- 5+ years experience coordinating with onshore and offshore teams to convey requirements, clarify designs, and verify deliverable
- 5+ years experience coordinating with product and engineering teams on reporting of system bugs, driving issue resolution for unexpected system behaviors, and providing root cause analysis;
- 5+ years experience conducting meetings with business and other process stakeholders on functional requirements gathering; and
- 5+ years experience preparing functional requirements documents for system or configuration changes.
- Experience with implementing and supporting integration to mainstream ERP, HCM, CRM, MRP, EMR and Finance solutions (ex. SAP, Workday, Salesforce, Allscripts, Oracle Financials)
- Experience in cognitive automation or BPM solutions is a plus
- 3+ years of experience delivering large-scale enterprise-level platform implementation to top-tier customers and/or partners.
- Top notch healthcare for you and your family
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Stock Options
- Wellness stipend
- Pre-tax transportation and commuter benefits6-month parental leave (or double salary to pay for your partner's unpaid leave)
- Free travel for any person accompanying a breastfeeding mother and her baby on a business trip
- A dependent care stipend up to $3,000 per month, per child, under the age of 21 for a maximum of $6,000 per month total
- Daily catered lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Budget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
- $1,000 one-time-use WFH stipend and $75 monthly WFH stipend
- Relocation assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
For Sofia/UK roles: All job applications will be treated and processed with strict confidentiality and in full compliance with the GDPR provisions. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.