Hyperscience is a technology company blazing a new path in enterprise automation with a reimagined approach to building and powering processes. The Hyperscience Platform is the world's first Software-Defined, Input-to-Outcome Automation platform used by top public companies and government organizations around the world to build and run mission-critical processes with ease and speed.
Hyperscience helps enterprises quickly build and roll out new business processes with built-in automations, reduce manual errors, increase high- and low-skilled employee productivity, and eliminate the need for costly transformation. Hyperscience’s Intelligent Document Processing solution has been implemented at some of the world's leading financial services, insurance, healthcare and government organizations, including TD Ameritrade, QBE Insurance Group Limited and Voya Financial, helping them lower costs, reduce error rates by 67% and increase employee capacity by 10x.
Since its founding in 2014, Hyperscience has grown to more than 250 employees with offices in New York City, Sofia, Bulgaria, and London, UK, and has consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work, with a collaborative and innovative culture and best-in-class benefits.
The Finance team at Hyperscience is responsible for supporting the strategic growth of the company in an ever changing environment and for enhancing the company's accounting, financial and analytical operations. Finance team members are responsible for all day-to-day accounting and FP&A activities, ensuring optimal reporting, governance, analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and strategic decision making.Given
our rapid growth it’s time for Hyperscience to develop a Business Intelligence (BI) function and hire someone to build this from scratch. This role will report to the VP of Finance and partner with the leadership team and their functional analysts and own all things BI related. This will range from data engineering to Looker ownership to data modeling to KPI reporting and everything in between. This role will be responsible for all BI processes that align with our strategy, meet our current analytical needs, and create a cross-functional infrastructure, and standards and practices, that are flexible and scalable with both organic and in-organic growth. We have ambitious plans as a company and are looking for a Head of Business Intelligence who will own the vision, strategy, and implementation of our BI function.
- Partner with product and engineering teams on ongoing Looker implementation
- Advise in the usage, interpretation, and automation of data to various business partners including but not limited to recommended tools and software
- Develop and implement strategies to support ongoing data management needs, such as governance, technology shifts, and regulatory compliance changes
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in product, engineering, customer support, sales, marketing, and finance to help develop data-informed business strategies and roadmaps
- Develop, track, and enforce consistent data definitions and assumptions across KPI metrics and reporting
- Continuously work to increase data quality, integrity, and cleanliness from existing data sources.
- Provide guidance to leadership team and functional analysts on KPI's, metrics, and business decisions including accurate analysis of user and business data
- Own, compile, and distribute monthly KPI deck company wide and continuously look for areas to improve this reporting
- Develop KPI dashboards for leadership and company wide use and consumption
- Supply deep analytical abilities and experience, improving performance in key operating metrics, specifically but not limited to: demand planning, financial modeling, predictive analysis, acquisition, retention, and monetization insights, customer segmentation; and pricing
- When infrastructure is complete, eventually hire, train, and develop a BI team and ensure that team meets the data and analytical needs of the business users
- 7+ years of relevant work experience preferably across an enterprise SaaS or technology company
- Advanced degree (or equivalent) in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Math, Economics or in Computer Science with Modeling/Data Science coursework
- Experience working with senior and executive leadership as a quantitative owner
- Familiarity with the advantages and disadvantages of a range of relational databases, ETL tools, and other necessary infrastructure for operating a best-in-class analytics architecture
- Deep technical experience implementing BI platforms, including data ingestion, data pipelines, data transformation and normalization, data warehousing, reporting and analytics
- Experience collaboratively defining and evolving cross-functional standards and practices across multiple business units
- Expertise in data transformation, data mining, data visualization, and ad hoc analysis
- Experience with big data software and techniques; knowledge of Gainsight a plus
- Can work with database and statistical applications; can automate routine procedures and create tools that increase productivity and efficiency
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment as well as independently own and drive key initiatives
- Proven track record of managing and executing large projects and stakeholders from start to finish delivering impactful results
- Strong writing and presentation skills along with executive presence
- Unwavering commitment to integrity and confidentiality
- Top notch healthcare for you and your family
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Stock Options
- Wellness stipend
- Pre-tax transportation and commuter benefits6-month parental leave (or double salary to pay for your partner's unpaid leave)
- Free travel for any person accompanying a breastfeeding mother and her baby on a business trip
- A dependent care stipend up to $3,000 per month, per child, under the age of 21 for a maximum of $6,000 per month total
- Daily catered lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Budget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
- $1,000 one-time-use WFH stipend and $75 monthly WFH stipend
- Relocation assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
For Sofia/UK roles: All job applications will be treated and processed with strict confidentiality and in full compliance with the GDPR provisions. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.