Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
We are looking for a passionate Risk Manager full of ideas to make valuable contributions to a high growth, innovative software company! Do you want to be a true business partner and not a "check the box" compliance manager? If so, this may be the perfect role for you!
More about our team
Risk & Compliance is a high visibility function working with Atlassian business and technology teams globally. Our responsibilities include risk discovery and assessment, advisory, mitigation and controls oversight, compliance oversight, and reporting. Our purpose is to provide methodologies, structures, processes and oversight to allow effective identification, analysis, reporting, and management of risk throughout the environment. We work with virtually every team within the organization - Legal (we are part of it), Security, Marketing, Finance, Customer Support, People, all product groups, the executive team, etc. We also collaborate with business partners, vendors, consultants and customers.
More about you
You are comfortable working with technical leads and SMEs to translate findings into business risks that are communicated to the leadership team. You can analyze processes, business models, and discover risks as well as recommend approaches to balancing them. Having the ability to collaborate with and influence various global teams with some level of ambiguity and uncertainty is a must.
- Analyze the environment, discover, assess and supervise risks
- Develop controls and mitigation plans, and lead aspects of their implementation
- Drive and participate in policy and standards development and management activities
- Advise senior management on techniques for optimizing the risk profile of their function
- Facilitate reporting on risks, findings, mitigation plans, and controls performance
- Drive compliance related initiatives
- Interact with customers and business partners to understand and respond to their compliance and assurance needs and concerns
- Work with senior management to craft their compliance strategy and optimize their controls portfolio
- Report on a regular basis to the Risk & Compliance United States Lead on the risk profile and controls status of assigned business groups
- Assist with the Business Continuity Management efforts for assigned business function
- Perform regular risk assessments for your business function
- Contribute to the risk and compliance awareness activities
On the first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 7-9 years of experience within Technology Risk Management, Compliance, Information Security, or technical Internal Auditing
- Understanding of the software development business
- Experience with control and risk frameworks, performing compliance and risk assessments, crafting controls and supervising mitigation projects
- Ability to apply abbreviations like SOC2, ISO 27000, FedRAMP, NIST, ISO 31000, HIPAA, SOX, and COSO in a highly dynamic environment
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub