We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 35 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy. Expert instructors can share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a profound belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighbourhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil) as well as remote offices in Australia.
Udemy for Business is the leading online training solution for high-growth companies, and we’re growing like crazy. We’re helping organisations large and small around the globe to close critical skills gaps, whether it’s the latest technical skills, marketing & sales, HR and compliance training, personal or professional skills. And we’re just getting started.
Who we are looking for
As a member of Udemy’s paid search marketing team, you’ll be at the forefront of Udemy’s global customer acquisition efforts, contributing to Udemy’s mission of improving lives through learning by reaching and inspiring potential new students to learn through our platform. The Paid Acquisition team develops and executes against data-driven marketing strategies to deliver growth and efficiency at scale for Udemy. A Paid Search Marketing Operations Manager responsible for managing all the paid search and display channel’s operations globally. You will be part of the day-to-day management of our paid search channel operations, working on the campaign and ads creation process, auditing the accounts, helping the channel strategy team to build experiments, performance improvements/tracking and reporting in order to improve overall channel efficiency.
You are an avid learner, curious and with strong analytical skills, comfortable navigating through large amounts of data to come up with insights that can help explain channel performance and drive improvements. You have a strong interest in the digital marketing space, specifically performance marketing. You are organized and comfortable managing timelines and deliverables for multiple projects at a time. You enjoy working cross-functionally, multi-cultural & geo-dispersed teams and have strong communication skills. You are highly proactive, results obsessed with strong attention to detail and are constantly looking for ways to improve how things work. You are technically-savvy, with a strong interest in understanding the fundamentals of how the data and tools that we use to run the paid search channel work. In the long run, you will have an opportunity to manage and build a team of 2 paid search marketing analysts.
- First and foremost, an ownership mindset
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5-6 years of work experience in performance marketing, mainly in SEM & Display channels. Experience managing large paid search accounts is a plus.
- 1+ years of experience managing a small team of performance marketing analysts.
- Experience managing Paid Search campaigns with the e-commerce mindset while maximizing KPIs such as profit and new user revenue
- Experience using Google Ads & Bing Ads Editor
- Google Ads certified
- Experience with analysis using data analytics tools like Excel//Looker/Chartio
- Experience with SQL or high motivation and desire to learn
- Comprehensive understanding of digital marketing and the latest Paid Search & Display channels trends
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, well organized and with strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and an outstanding capacity for cross-functional and cross-organizational collaboration
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment with multi-cultural & geo-dispersed teams
- A passion for online learning, and a desire to create opportunities that will change lives through teaching and learning globally
- Successfully apply paid search strategy and support the global paid search strategy team to manage existing channels (Google Ads, Bing, Display and Mobile)
- Manage the paid search and display channel’s campaign operation process including, but not limited to, campaign and ads creation and experiment setup.
- Responsible for auditing the accounts & finding the opportunities.
- Responsible for the QA process of the new campaign & ads launch.
- Help the team to restructure the non-English speaking market accounts to increase efficiency.
- Monitor search trends and develop actionable insights to the global paid search strategy team for optimization & experimentation.
- Support ongoing landing page and ad copy experimentation and testing
- Track, report and present campaign performance and channel insights to internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the rest of the paid acquisition channels to identify and implement cross-channel initiatives.
- Utilize a variety of third-party tools including, but not limited to, Search Console, Google Analytics, Google Trends and Google Ads to understand performance and draw insight to be used for future campaign optimization.
- Stay up-to-date with best practices in paid search and digital marketing landscape.
What success looks like
In the first month, your main goal will be meeting with the key stakeholders in the Marketing, BI and DS teams, understanding the channel dynamics & structure, the tools that we use on a daily basis in the paid search team and our company values & always learning culture. We’ll quickly get you up to speed on the paid search & display channel and you will start building a process between the paid search strategy and paid search operations team. At the end of your first month, you will be asked to kick off your first project at Udemy.
In the next few months, you will start building a process for auditing & QA the paid search and display channel accounts. In Q2 2021, you will be helping the paid search team to get ready for the big promotion period. (making the new campaigns & ads ready) Once you get up to speed, you will be asked to develop actionable insights to the global paid search strategy team in order to maximize the new user revenue. This will be required to get familiar with the data analysis tool such as Looker & Chartio. Lastly, creative excellence is for the team and you will start taking responsibility on the ad copy & landing page experiment building.
You will be on the Global Demand Generation team, reporting to Celal Cevik, the Manager of Global Paid Search Marketing at Udemy. Celal is a data-driven, growth-focused Marketing Manager with 9+ years of diverse marketing experience. Celal has both startup and public company experience in highly competitive tech, telco, and consumer packaged goods industries focusing on performance marketing, growth marketing strategy and product marketing management.
Vacation and time off four weeks of paid vacation; paid holidays; personal/sick days; maternity leave; paternity leave; leave of absence.
Financial and Retirement: Super contributions; company equity; performance bonuses; relocation assistance
Professional Development: tuition reimbursement; learning and development stipend; promote from within; shadowing opportunities; access to online courses; lunch and learns
Office Life: flexible work hours; remote work opportunities; casual dress; happy hours; diversity and inclusion program; company outings
We believe that diversity is critical to our success. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 40 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News