Who We Are:
Sensor Tower is the leading solution for mobile marketers, app developers, and industry analysts who demand superior competitive insights into the mobile market economy.
We serve independent and Fortune 500 customers alike, spanning the mobile games, travel & hospitality, music, finance, and broadcast entertainment markets. Our suite of products consist of free, “SMB”, and Enterprise-tiered solutions including Store Intelligence, Usage Intelligence, Ad Intelligence, and App Intelligence.
We are a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco and was a member of AngelPad’s startup incubator program in 2013. Our insights are cited by the world’s leading news and finance publications, including the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Forbes, Fortune, Bloomberg, CNBC, The Washington Post, and Reuters.
As Sensor Tower continues to grow as a global company, we are looking for an engineering manager to drive our software engineering efforts. We have a wonderful team of more than a hundred employees and are preparing for much more growth in the coming year.
We are looking for a hands on engineering manager that has experience and passion for leading people as well as developing our product in our fast-growing exciting environment. You will report to our Director of Engineering while working closely with our cross-functional product development team and with our founders .
- Mentor and coach your team to make the most out of their skills and grow more leaders within our company
- Manage project progress and balance short and long term goals in order to maximize both individual and team performance while establishing a work environment which enables and promotes growth where our engineers will thrive
- Facilitate communication to the cross functional team, actively remove blockers, and provide direction for the team
- Collaborate with our product organization and data science team to design and architect our beautiful high end product
- Actively work on attracting top talent, conducting interviews, and promoting our employee brand
- Conduct code reviews, software design & architecture, and pair programming
- Drive process enhancements, implement engineering best practices, identify and suggest tooling and organizational improvements
- Hands on implementation as time permits
- Strong desire and track record of developing both technology and people
- Skilled leader with 2+ years of line management experience or 5+ years of tech lead experience
- Great communication skills both in a group setting and one on one
- Stellar engineering skills with at least 2+ years of experience with most of our core technologies such as: Ruby on Rails, Knockout.js, ES6, MongoDB, AWS, and Ansible
- Solid grasp of modern software development lifecycle
- Ability to efficiently navigate complex multi-constraint decision-making
- Experience working in a diverse and international environment
- Experience in the mobile app, advertising, or gaming ecosystem
- Experience with product design and infrastructure challenges
Read more about some of our Technical challenges here (written by members of our engineering team):
Why Join Sensor Tower?
After seven years of building Sensor Tower off of $1MM (Seed, 2013), we're excited to announce our $45MM growth investment
. Read more about it here
, in the words of our co-founders.
We have a birds-eye view of the entire mobile app ecosystem, and we keep our teams constantly abreast of the latest mobile app trends, news, and best practices.
Sensor Tower's Core Values: Customer-Focused, Innovative, Continuously Learning, Action-Oriented, Respectful, Data & Metrics-Driven.
We grant options to all of our employees because we recognize that everybody plays an integral role in our success; thus all employees should be invested in Sensor Tower (both figuratively and literally).
We offer unlimited PTO, Health and Wellness stipends, flexible work hours, 401K, team trips (white water rafting, Hawaii, and weekend Tahoe mansion trips to name a few), and more.
Our Covid-19 Specific benefits include: Stipend to set up your home office and/or gym, WiFi stipend, daily UberEats delivery stipend, and virtual team events.
Sensor Tower is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.