At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer to assist our rapidly growing customer base. As part of our customer support team you will be the primary point of contact for Couchbase customers for all technical issues.
NoSQL databases are the answer to the demand for high speed, highly available, extremely dynamic data storage and Couchbase is at the forefront of this technology. Working in Couchbase Technical Support you’ll acquire highly coveted skills, essential to this technology, by navigating the world of NoSQL databases and the "big data" eco system. This includes working with Golang, learning about the principals and concepts of distributed systems, understanding what goes into good NoSQL database design, mobile data convergence, and becoming proficient in the best practices for building NoSQL-backed applications.
This role is also open to remote work (Israel) as our teams are globally distributed. Prior experience working remotely is not required, however, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy and will establish a cadence of on-time delivery with high-quality work. #LI-RemoteIsrael
- Work with our customers during implementation and production of their Couchbase Server-based applications
- Troubleshoot and research customer issues. These can range from development time SDK questions to performance tuning or failure analysis
- Reproduce customer cases for detailed troubleshooting and analysis. This may include writing or modifying code or simulating node failure situations
- Become a product expert for customers and stay up-to-date on new features in Couchbase
- Identify and write internal and external technical articles or knowledge-base entries, like typical troubleshooting steps, workarounds or best practices
- 5+ years of experience working with users/developers to troubleshoot and resolve issues for backend infrastructure applications (e.g. databases, application servers, Hypervisors, etc.)
- 5+ years experience managing and troubleshooting Linux and Windows systems.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience in software and/or a technologically relevant field
- Strong Unix/Linux administration skills
- Strong programming experience in one of the following languages: Java/C/Python
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases
- Experience in troubleshooting distributed high-performance systems
- Excellent analytical skills, passion for pinning down technical issues, and solving problems
- Enjoy a fast-paced startup environment
- BS Computer Science or commensurate experience
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase has offices around the globe, and we’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Equal Opportunity Statement:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.