See all jobs
Feb 24th, 2021
Sales Administrator - Brisbane
Octopus Deploy is one of Australia’s fastest-growing and most successful software companies. Today we help over 150,000 people worldwide to deliver working software to production.
Our Sales Team is expanding, and we are looking for a passionate and driven individual who is willing to go above and beyond to support the aspirations of this vibrant team in all aspects of sales administration and support.
Reporting to the VP of Sales, this role will provide broad sales support to a successful team working across the whole end-to-end sales lifecycle. The suitable candidate will be responsible for the coordination of all aspects of sales administration including sales advice, price lists, weekly reports, database management, and internal stakeholder communications.
This is a remote role, based in Brisbane.
A typical day might include:
- Handling inbound email requests from customers
- Liaising with customers about their upcoming renewal and providing quotes
- Processing orders via email or telephone
- Checking data accuracy in orders and invoices
- Maintaining and updating customer records in our databases
- Communicating important feedback from customers internally
- Assisting other team members as needed with ad-hoc tasks
- Liaising with procurement teams to assist with vendor onboarding
- Liaising with our Finance team with payments and refunds
You will be a great fit for this role if:
- You live in Brisbane and have ongoing and unrestricted working rights
- You have 3+ years of experience as a sales administrator - experience in a software company is a plus
- You are flexible with your time as this role requires working outside of business hours, from time to time, to support our overseas operations
- You enjoy a challenge and are a great problem solver
- You have strong organisational and communication skills
- You are agile with the ability to prioritize tasks
- You collaborative team player who also works well autonomously and unsupervised
- You have strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Hands on experience with MS Office or Google Suite as well as a CRM is essential
What’s in it for you:
- You’ll work from wherever you feel most productive. That could be your home, our office or a combination of both
- Generous laptop and home office allowance
- Career growth as we are expanding rapidly
- Monday to Friday hours
- A supportive team where everyone is encouraged to contribute
We'd love to hear from you. Please send us your CV and a cover letter telling us a bit about you and why you think you would be a good fit for this role.
About the company
We make Octopus Deploy, software that enables teams to deliver working software to production. We've become the "best in class" tool in our category by focusing on doing one thing and doing it very well. Founded in 2012, we now have over 25,000 happy customers around the world, and we employ 70+ wonderful people.
We're a bootstrapped, profitable, growing business. We're not VC-funded, and our goal is to build a company that will last forever, while enjoying the journey and doing work that we're proud of. Our business model is all around understanding our customers, building great software, backing it up with great support and customer service, and making it incredibly easy to discover, learn and use.
Most of our team is based in Brisbane, Australia, where the company started, though we've spread to other parts of Australia, the US, and UK. Because our team is distributed, everyone works from home most of the week, so we've built a remote-first culture.
We've made our company handbook public, and it's a great guide to how we think about just about everything - including career progression and compensation, our vision and what we care about, how our company is structured, feedback loops, training, remote work and more. Please take a read of our handbook, and reach out if you think there is a good fit.