Spreedly is a rapidly growing, growth private-equity funded digital payments company with headquarters located in downtown Durham, North Carolina. We've developed a high volume, global solution to support our vision that the world is better with a diversified, inclusive, payment ecosystem.
Our employees help build a culture that values independence, transparency, and collaboration in a digital-first communication environment. We hope you do your best work at Spreedly and find a mature workplace striving to support the ebb and flow of work-life harmony.
We are looking for a Revenue Analyst to join our growing finance team. In this role you will be THE Finance subject matter expert relating to all usage of our key product. You will be responsible for tracking and forecasting Payment Gateway Revenue Share and associated usage data within FP&A. You will be responsible for actively collaborating with Sales & Marketing, Accounting and other functions to provide insights relating to revenue share and key market drivers. As a FP&A team member you will not only be responsible for forecasting key revenue streams but also be a Finance business partner supporting decision making.
For the right individual, this is an exciting opportunity with unbound potential for career progression and professional development.
- Day to day monitoring/assessment of Usage and impact to monthly revenue forecasting
- Development and updating of forecast revenue models and metrics
- Identify upside/downside revenue risks and communicate to key stakeholders
- Support FP&A Lead in development of monthly P&L forecasts and associated reporting
- Conduct variance analysis(Budget vs Actual vs Forecast) and develop recommendations
- Support in preparation of business reviews
- Lead/Support improvement projects to increase forecast accuracy; support operational improvements and systems implementation
- Assist with/lead ad-hoc reporting requests, analysis, modeling and projects as needed
Who you are
- You are detail oriented, love numbers and are not afraid to develop complex models
- You have experience in or be willing to learn the operational aspects of revenue reporting and the invoice-to-cash cycle for a high volume / hyper-growth organization
- You are a business partner who understands the critical role Finance plays in day-to-day operational execution in a dynamic and fast-growing environment
- You are very curious and can work with minimal supervision
- You have a hands-on problem-solving approach, and are a self-starter who takes ownership of tasks. You look for ways to suggest improvements, and collaborate with others to generate i
- deas for improved processes.
- You build trusting relationships with key stakeholders
- You have strong communication skills, can interact in detail with your internal and external customers, and immediately get to the key points with other audiences.
- You are organized, and understand the importance of deliverables and deadlines, and plan ahead accordingly.
- 4 years’ experience in Finance or Accounting
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling skills
- Thorough understanding of financial statements, associated terminologies and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of accounting(Credits, debits, accruals etc.)
Desired/preferred experience includes
- Technology industry, public company, or SaaS related experience
- CPA or MBA
- Oracle, NetSuite ERP and SalesForce application experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
What we offer
Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples, structured interviews, and diversity awareness training.
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does- handling payment data- candidates must complete a successful background check. If you have concerns along those lines, please discuss with us sooner rather than later- we do not want you to waste time in the hiring process and get disqualified at the end if we can help it.
Some of our positions are open to remote applicants. If this is the case it will be sited in the job posting just below the position name. Unless otherwise stated, remote positions are open to candidates in the contiguous US only. We are not set up to support remote employees from CA, NY, WA or outside the contiguous US. All applicants must have a US work visa.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Because of the high volume of resume flow, we will only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.