Spreedly is a rapidly growing, growth private-equity funded digital payments company with headquarters located in downtown Durham, North Carolina. We've developed a high volume, global solution to support our vision that the world is better with a diversified, inclusive, payment ecosystem.
Our employees help build a culture that values independence, transparency, and collaboration in a digital-first communication environment. We hope you do your best work at Spreedly and find a mature workplace striving to support the ebb and flow of work-life harmony.
Spreedly is the world’s first, and leading, Payments Orchestration solution. Building and maintaining custom payment integrations can be slow and expensive. With Spreedly’s PCI compliant cloud solution, merchants can connect to one or multiple payment services simultaneously, work with global payment gateways, control card data, and accept alternative payment types.
We’re experiencing consistent high growth and now serve 600 customers globally. Many of these direct customers are platforms and marketplaces that have thousands of their merchants leveraging our payments platform. Our customers include industry leaders in digital goods, order ahead and delivery, online marketplaces, donation/giving platforms, event ticketing, and financial services. In 2020, Spreedly’s customers and payment service partners completed over one million transactions per day via the Spreedly platform totaling over $20 billion annually. Backed by Spectrum Equity, with a $75M investment, Spreedly is actively hiring to support its next wave of rapid growth.
Opportunity for Impact
Up until now, we’ve focused our time and energy on satisfying our merchants and platforms. We realize there’s a significant opportunity to better service the large ecosystem of payments providers that want to reach these merchants on our platform, increasing our value to these services and delivering wider selection and more flexibility to our direct customers.
We’ve recently partnered
with industry-leading brands(Stripe, Paypal, Visa, Worldpay, etc.) and dozens of other gateways and payments services providers(PSPs) across the ecosystem. Delivering a broad menu of 3rd party services to our thousands of merchants in a scalable fashion is our next big challenge as an organization.
The Director of Product, Merchant Services position is a brand new role at Spreedly. It affords the right candidate a unique opportunity to help launch a new business unit and a new line of products to meet this challenge.
You’ll take immediate ownership of this newproduct line, working closely with BD and Professional Services leaders to grow our network of PSPs and streamline delivery of their value-added services to our fast-growing customer base.
You'll also work in a leadership capacity withProduct Management to develop and refine our overall product strategy, discover and define new product and revenue stream opportunities, and build best practices for product development from inception to go-to-market. Helping shape and scale the product team’s culture, structure, and processes is another key opportunity for impact.
As a Director, you possess a unique blend of business and product savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You thrive at communicating with all areas of the company and serving as the internal and external evangelist for your product line. You’re comfortable as a player coach initially, and passionate about building out a world-class product team as the Merchant Services business unit scales.
- Lead product discovery initiatives for your line. Interface with our customer advisory board, analysts, partners, and prospects to gather feedback and refine the product vision.
- Set a portfolio-level product roadmap that ties into organizational goals and the overall product strategy. Clearly communicate the roadmap to other Spreedly stakeholders.
- Collaborate with engineering, business development, product marketing, and sales to build and launch solutions that map to higher level company objectives.
- Apply a data-driven approach to identifying and prioritizing opportunities. Synthesize qualitative and quantitative data to develop business cases and refine the product strategy.
- Recruit, hire, mentor and scale a world-class team of product managers.
- Serve as a role model and great steward of the product culture at Spreedly.
- Work with product managers to establish milestones so that current customers, prospects, and Spreedlings are aware of, excited by, trained on, and engaged with the evolving features and products.
- Measure and monitor product impact and KPIs.
- Perform market, competitor, and industry research. Evangelize the product with internal and external stakeholders.
- Build fluency in understanding the intricacies of the payments ecosystem, the partner landscape, and critical underlying technologies - both existing and emerging.
- 5+ years in B2B product leadership role(people management + product line ownership)
- Prior experience with eCommerce platforms, payments services, and/or API products
- Prior experience integrating 3rd party services and/or building a partner network preferred
- Strong business acumen. Solid financial and data analytics skills to model product line ROI
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to translate technical concepts to non-technical clients and stakeholders.
- High Integrity. You know right from wrong and are fully invested in doing the right thing at all
- times. You keep your word, follow-through, and do what you say you will do. Don’t cut
- corners ethically, and always do what is right as opposed to what’s simply convenient.
- Customer Obsessed. You understand that without our customers we would not have a
- business. Everything you do is to promote a more positive user experience.
- Flexible. You adapt as situations evolve, and are comfortable with ambiguity and constant
- Entrepreneurial. You think outside the box; you can do more with less; you are
- resourceful and fiscally responsible for the pursuit of business objectives.
- Execution Focused. Driven by business objectives and pride in work, but not personal
- Curious. You have a deep willingness to learn, realize that no one knows everything, you are
- comfortable with that, and willing to put the work in to acquire new skills as needed.
- Motivator. You are both self-motivated and great at motivating others. You don’t wait to be
- told what to do and if you see something that needs to be done you act.
- Team Player. Collaborative, hardworking, problem-solver who leads by example. You could
- never ask anyone to do something you are not willing to do yourself.
- Empathetic. You can feel the heartbeat of the organization. Others trust you and share it
- with you.
- Big-Picture Thinking. You are always exploring and evaluating new ideas and processes that make the organization better.
What we offer
This role is open to remote candidates, however preference will be given to candidates local to Durham, NC as well as in the eastern timezone.
Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples, structured interviews, and diversity awareness training.
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does- handling payment data- candidates must complete a successful background check. If you have concerns along those lines, please discuss with us sooner rather than later- we do not want you to waste time in the hiring process and get disqualified at the end if we can help it.
Some of our positions are open to remote applicants. If this is the case it will be sited in the job posting just below the position name. Unless otherwise stated, remote positions are open to candidates in the contiguous US only. We are not set up to support remote employees from CA, NY, WA or outside the contiguous US. All applicants must have a US work visa.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Because of the high volume of resume flow, we will only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.