Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1600 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
Kraken Security is seeking a Security Operations Engineer to continue the success of Kraken!
The Security Operations Team is responsible for ensuring company systems are operating with the highest degree of security, availability, and durability. As a member of this team, you will help build, maintain, and support full-stack security tooling and infrastructure for one of the leading cryptocurrency exchanges in the world.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is able to creatively work on multiple complex projects in a fast-paced environment. Curiosity, collaboration, and excellent communication skills are an absolute must, as you will be working cross-functionally with different teams, people, and ranks throughout the organization. Your “customers” will be the various teams and leads within Security, Engineering and SRE, Marketing, and others.
- Own and maintain public cloud infrastructure and SaaS-based tooling.
- Regularly auditing public cloud infrastructure, identifying findings, and tracking efforts to remediation.
- Partnering with key business functions to determine business requirements and inform Security and Compliance needs.
- Responsible for the building, improvement efforts, and maintenance of security tooling and platforms.
- Engaging in selection, development, customization, and deployment of critical applications, including CRM, HRIS, Finance/Accounting, Collaboration, Productivity Management, etc.
- Working closely with the Security Operations Manager and other team leadership members to deliver on requirements and report on progress.
- Contributing to the development of best practices within our Security team including IAM policies, networking policies, auditing and logging standards.
- Continually improving and optimizing operational efficiency through process improvement and automation.
- 5+ years in a role focused on cloud security or DevOps practices.
- Experience with containerization: Kubernetes, Docker.
- Experience with observability, telemetry, monitoring, logging platforms.
- Experience with security frameworks such as ISO, CSA and PCI.
- Ability to thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
- Experience with deployments of multiple enterprise / SaaS applications.
- Hands-on technical expertise - scripting and/or programming languages, databases, etc. Terraform is a plus!
- Strong knowledge of systems administration, including security, networking, monitoring/alerting, etc.
- Thorough understanding of Linux environments
- Deep experience with security best practices, including knowledge of leading security applications.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Learn more about us