Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Do you enjoy working with customers to help them transition to new products and lead organizational change? Are you confident on the phone, experienced in presenting to a technical audience, and resolved in helping the customer overcome obstacles? If so, then this could be exactly what you're looking for!
We are searching for a Senior Enterprise Cloud Migrations Manager (CMM) that will be at the forefront of helping our enterprise customers learn about migration options. You will plan and execute on migrating their Atlassian software instance from their On-Premise environment to the Atlassian Cloud.
Our Sr. CMMs are globally recognized multipliers and customer champions who drive alignment and impact across product and operations. They help set expectations for internal and external partners, work as consultants with customers from technical admins to executives, facilitate building strong project plans, and drive customer accountability. You will also serve as a mentor to others on the team to ensure team success.
Common activities that a Sr. Cloud Migrations Manager will conduct:
- Research and qualify inbound customers as "migration ready" based on their license profile and shared information
- Conduct discovery during the customer migration process to assess and understand their use case, migration needs and any potential roadblocks to migrating
- Advise customers on how to plan/prepare for migrations from On-Premise to Cloud
- Ensure customers partner with Technical Support for troubleshooting and to assist with the data migrations
- Collaborate closely with multiple cross-functional teams, including but not limited to Customer Success Managers, Enterprise Advocates and Loyalty Advocates, Technical Support, Customer Programs, and Product
- Communicate customer trends and feedback to internal teams to drive improvements to documentation, tooling, product and process; and platform
- Develop strategic recommendations for how to improve the migration experience for our customers
- Own the most sophisticated customer interactions and have a visible global impact on process, product, and team, as well as consistently influencing operational standards.
On the first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 7+ years proven experience in a strategic customer-facing role within a highly technical environment. You’ve sat within customer support, customer success, consulting, implementation, a migrations-specific department, or other relevant function
- Owns executive-level customer issues, engaging senior management partners internally and externally and providing strategic mentorship towards resolution
- Player/coach mentality - comfort level with mentoring colleagues
- Project management experience & strong social skills as well as a natural propensity for public speaking and experience with leading C-level conversations
- Ability to ask compelling/ leading questions, uncover common customer themes, and lead technical planning and project planning
- Ability to build presentations, write content, and present to large audiences
- Experience navigating a SaaS working environment with DevOps or IT teams and optimally completing large projects
- Broad experience working with Enterprise level customers, comfort in navigating a large organization and confirmed past involvement in building strong cross-functional relationships internally
- Compassion for customer anxiety and experience in helping customers deal with organizational change within their organization
- Validated strategic account leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize quickly and optimize process and tools to reduce inefficiencies and scale the program
- Experience in advancing potential customer challenges before they become full-blown issues and ability to partner with other teams to resolve and communicate needed information back to the customer
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Atlassian product knowledge or experience in building and supporting migrations related projects in the past
- Technical ability to navigate and solution for sophisticated discussions on various deployment/migration options across self-hosted, cloud, and hybrid deployment options
- Technical aptitude with a focus on technical reasoning and bug identification
- Experience in working with a channel of Solutions Partners
- Ability to establish vision and guide other Atlassian teams (solution marketing, product)
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub