Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
The Senior Enterprise Support Engineer role is a part of our Enterprise Support team, a growing, global support team focused on providing high-quality support to Atlassian’s largest and most strategic customers. You’ll be helping us grow our support capabilities and will be pivotal in helping us to maintain our high quality of support at scale.
You will be key to providing a consistent quality experience, bringing new and improved support methodologies to Atlassian, and creating a wide customer base loyal to the Atlassian brand and products. You will perform triage, root cause analysis, debugging and troubleshooting across one-to-many Atlassian products. As part of the team, you will receive on-boarding training to make you a specialist in one or more of our products, system technologies, and network technologies. You will lead and participate in customer-facing calls helping to communicate progress updates, action plans and resolution details, and be part of a team ensuring our customers are successful.
You will be expected to leverage internal technical expertise (peers, mentors, our knowledge base, community forums, and other internal tools) to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues, and work collaboratively with diverse global teams as part of an inclusive work environment in alignment with the Atlassian values
If you are passionate about working with fast growing teams and providing high-quality service to the world's largest Enterprise customers, this role could be perfect for you!
Location based hours:
Austin: 10a-7p or 11a-8p CST
San Francisco: 9am-6pm PST
On the first day, we'll expect you to have
- 5+ years of experience in support, software services, and/or system administration for a large end-user community
- 3+ years of experience in working with enterprise customers
Competencies and Attributes
- Act as a customer champion by proactively influencing positive change within our company and be the voice of the customer.
- Strong aptitude for learning and applying new technologies to support our Enterprise customers.
- Effective, clear and concise communication as the subject matter expert with the ability to adapt to your audiences with different levels of technical acumen.
- Ability to successfully manage your time, balancing multiple tasks with varying levels of priority and urgency, while checking communication channels to stay on top of customer and team needs.
- Ability to problem-solve complex tickets, recommend solutions, identify and summarize root cause analysis, and utilize escalation channels as needed.
- Be a change champion for our team and always lead by example.
- Experience in handling high-visibility escalations.
- Deep understanding of how to troubleshoot JVM (Java Virtual Machine) performance problems is a huge plus
- Deep understanding of operating systems (e.g. Linux, OS X, and/or Windows)
- Deep understanding of networks and relevant technologies, including proxies, load balancers, & SSL
- Understanding of application server technologies (e.g. Tomcat, Apache, WebSphere, JBoss, etc.)
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience in critical issue handling
- Technology driven and eager to learn new technical areas
- Deep understanding of SSO, SAML, and Active Directory is a plus
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.