Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
Auth0 is looking for a Principal Security Architect to work across the organization with Engineering, Product, and Security Engineering. Successful candidates will have a passion for building reliable and scalable distributed systems, a technical background, hands-on experience in developing cloud systems at scale, a solid understanding of architecture-based security issues, how to design enterprise systems for security, strong architectural threat modeling experience, and the ability to collaborate with others to drive initiatives forward.
Through your experience, knowledge of industry trends, technical abilities, and knowledge you will produce: guidance, proof of concepts and production implementations that help Auth0 Engineering and Security teams move faster by using standard patterns and technologies. In this role, you will have the opportunity to significantly contribute to Auth0's future technology direction.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and drive the implementation of a security architecture that supports Engineering’s goals and deliverables, through strategy, design, requirements, and code.
- Collaborate with Security and Engineering teams to incorporate strong security controls, apply security best practices in our development life cycle, and mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Design and architect large scale distributed systems.
- Dive deep into our data to make sense of new attacks vs legit patterns.
- Constantly strive to hit the right balance between simplicity and flexibility.
- Contribute to defining the n+1 cloud infrastructure maturity level and help to achieve goals that get us there.
- Contribute to improving Auth0's product architecture patterns, security controls and best practices.
- Mentor team members, security engineers, and stakeholders on security best practices, and develop the next generation of technical security leaders.
What You Bring:
- Passion and thorough understanding of what it takes to build and operate secure, reliable systems at scale.
- Ability to lead and resolve company-wide technical discussions.
- Application security and cloud security best practices.
- You have exposure to data intensive systems with high performance in data retrieval.
- Excellence at creating clarity and alignment for technical initiatives.
- Experience with multi-cloud environments and container deployments.
- Strong experience with AWS services and cloud security controls and preferably hands-on experience with Azure and GCP.
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- 5+ years of experience working on cloud applications.
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.