At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we build the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors, our community includes over 1.4M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
We’re looking for a Director, Communications, to lead our internal and external global communications programs. This is a high-impact role that will be responsible for building our brand awareness and corporate reputation and storytelling the importance of our mission: to change the way the world reads.
You are strategic, flexible, and resourceful, and a master at building and scaling programs. You excel in a fast-paced environment and lead nimble teams who are motivated by making an impact. You have your finger on the pulse of the latest trends and develop programs that get people talking.
You have deep understanding and experience in corporate communications, internal and crisis communications, social media content development, influencer marketing, partnerships, and consumer brand storytelling across global markets.
● Develop and lead corporate communications efforts, including thought leadership, crisis, and internal
● Oversee and support consumer PR, social media, partnerships, and events, in the US and key global markets, including Mexico and Australia
● Manage, mentor, and grow a team of communications professionals who lead their respective channels and functions
● Fuel industry and consumer brand awareness
● Develop a readiness playbook for internal and crisis communications
● Measure and report on communications’ contribution to business results
● Cultivate close relationships with leaders, media, and influencers in the publishing and consumer technology spaces
● 12+ years experience in communications, preferably at a consumer subscription company; agency or fast-paced startup experience required
● Minimum of 5 years of people management experience
● Expertise in defining and crafting positioning and managing company messaging through expansion or IPO
● Demonstrated experience leading a high-performing, globally distributed team
● Experience partnering and scaling efforts with global and regional agencies and strategic partners
● Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; bonus points for fluency in Spanish
Benefits, Perks and Wellbeing at Scribd
• Healthcare Benefits: Scribd pays 100% of employee’s Medical, Vision, and Dental premiums and 70% of dependents
• Leaves: Paid parental leave, 100% company paid short-term/long-term disability plans, and milestone Sabbaticals
• 401k plan through Fidelity, plus company matching with no vesting period
• Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion hiring best practices
• Stock Options - every employee is an owner in Scribd!
• Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Flexible Sick Time, Volunteer Day + office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years Day
• Referral bonuses
• Professional development: generous annual budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
• Company-wide Diversity, Equity & Inclusion training
• Learning & Development and Coaching programs
• Monthly Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort Benefit
• Concern mental health digital platform
• Work-life balance flexibility
• Employee Resource Groups that build community and support among employees
• Company events + Scribdchats
• Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
• Monthly inclusive multi-cultural celebrations & learning opportunities
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.