Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Confluent is looking for a Technical Curriculum Developer. Working with subject matter experts and trainers—and eventually becoming a subject matter expert yourself—you will be responsible for creating, updating, and maintaining our curriculum of instructor-led and e-learning training courses covering Apache Kafka and the Confluent Platform. Training is a core part of Confluent’s Customer Success strategy, and you will be a key member of the team.
- Work cross-functionally with SMEs and other teams (engineering, support, professional services, etc.) to develop effective learning content in multiple delivery styles (includes online, classroom, virtual instructor-led training and blended learning content).
- Design and develop learning solutions and programs to apply adult learning principles and systematic instructional design to enable learners to rapidly absorb the technical content.
- Develop exercises, illustrations, tutorials, job aids, assessments, and other methods of learning to improve course materials and multimedia based assets.
- Use project management tools and skills to manage medium to large scale content development projects.
- Maintain and update current courses, keeping material in sync with new releases of Apache Kafka and Confluent Platform.
- Liaise with stakeholders to perform needs-assessments and analysis to determine training needs based on customer requirements.
What We're Looking For:
- Three or more years of experience in a curriculum development role (or similar).
- An undergraduate degree in communication, education, design, or technical field.
- Professional experience using e-learning software (Articulate, Captivate, or similar)
- Experienced using video editing tools (Final Cut, Adobe Premier, After Effects, Camtasia, or similar)
- Working understanding of web and media design tools (Adobe Creative Cloud, HTML, CSS)
- Experience designing and developing training materials and content to include creating instructor-led materials, online/e-learning modules, job aids, online tutorials, multimedia products (video, graphic, audio), and other training materials.
- Demonstrated ability to manage medium to large scale programs while working cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders in IT environment. Familiarity with online learning, learning technology, instructional, graphic, and/or web design or development skills.
- Experience developing and supporting training for technical/IT related positions
- Some travel required (<10%).
- Excellent in spoken and written English
- Portfolio and/or eLearning sample are required at interview.
What Gives You An Edge:
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka and/or the Confluent Platform
- A background in large scale distributed systems
- Experience in the use of Markdown, AsciiDoc, and PDF
- Basic Linux admin skills
- Proficient in at least one programming language, preferably Java, Scala, or C# (.NET)
- Hands-on experience with Docker
- Experience with Git and GitHub
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice
, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.