Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
This isn't your ordinary Support Engineer role. If you love solving the deepest and most
challenging tech problems, enjoy working with all types of customers from around the world
(startups to Fortune 500 corporations), and love variety, this job has it all in spades.
Atlassian is a rapidly growing software development company, and the Support team is
expanding to allow it to scale with the business. We're on the lookout for Support Engineers
to join a team that is serious about pursuing one goal: improving the customer experience
with our products!
We'll expect you to have:
- Industry rich experience of about 5+yrs
- Drive to be the champion for the customer, and a lack of patience for delay or lack of urgency
- Focus on customer success and team support first
- Ability to learn and teach new technologies as required
- Demonstrated ability to detect and diagnose complex and critical technical issues effectively and efficiently
- Exposure to GIT, Mercurial, or similar version control technologies
- Familiarity with CI/CD,docker and build systems such as Azure, Jenkins, or Pipelines
- Strong Operating Systems knowledge (eg: Linux, OSX, Windows)
- Familiarity with database concepts (e.g., Oracle, SQL Server or Postgress)
- Strong networking knowledge and troubleshooting skills
- Strong knowledge on SSH and SSL protocols.
- Development or scripting experience in a major language (eg: Python, Ruby) is a huge plus
- Familiarity with log monitoring tool such as Splunk.
What you'll be doing:
- Resolving customer issues involving code error diagnosis, debugging, validation, and root cause analysis
- Global technical escalation management to ensure customer success with Atlassian products
- Communicating to our customer base through necessary means to resolve application issues
- Enable replication and debugging of issues to verify product related bugs
- Creation and curation of knowledge-base articles and documentation to help customers help themselves
- Improving and streamlining internal processes to make our work operationally efficient
- Development work targeted towards actively preventing customer pain
- Performing case reviews to identify trends and improvement areas and define action plans for support engineers
- Always monitoring queue health and identifying ways to proactively address trends
- Always be seeking to be precise with communication and actions
- Participating with the team to define new methods and system changes to improve the customer service level, reduce overall resolution times, and improve team efficiency and quality
- Looking at the active tickets, inbound queue, and internal meetings and plan their day/week so they give themselves the time they need for long periods of research, customer calls, ticket recaps, etc.
More about our team
The team is filled with customer focused individuals that champion and support industry-leading products used by a growing list of customers globally. We challenge one another every day and hold ourselves accountable for our work product, as well as our customer's overall success. We all enjoy the interactions with customers, problem-solving, digging into complex issues, and actively championing for customers within Atlassian. We wake up every morning asking ourselves how we can improve the customer's experience, the quality of our product, the quality of our support system, or our individual weaknesses. We are not scared of challenges, nor do we back down or get deterred by tough problems. We are at our best when problems seem the hardest, pushing to identify root causes and solutions. We are a combination of passion and persistence. We feel that through our roles we can positively impact millions of end-users and their experience with Atlassian products. Our team is open, filled with varied backgrounds and talents, respectful, focused, located around the globe, and all about providing legendary service to our customers.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub