Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Are you passionate about collaborating with others, and helping teams work together more effectively? Are you intrigued by the ever-evolving landscape of workplace collaboration products? We're looking for a Partner Programs Manager as our Partnerships team scales and continues to build relationships and partner with top technology companies, improving outcomes for customers through rich, integrated partnerships with Atlassian!
As a Partner Programs Manager, you will apply your creativity, collaboration, and critical thinking towards crafting new programs and scaling existing ones alongside Solution Partners, Global SIs, VARs and other types of partners. These programs will enable co-sell and co-marketing impact with our key technology and solution partners.
The Partnerships team
is scaling up, by both deepening relationships with existing partners and establishing new ones, which presents new opportunities to build programs from the ground up. We're looking for someone who knows how to build partner relationships, enable partners to understand Atlassian and design and launch programs to help us and our partners achieve our business goals of new customer acquisition and driving migrations to the Cloud.
In this role, you will:
- Design, build, evaluate and scale partner programs, as part of the broader Partnerships team.
- Own and launch enablement programs for internal and external partners.
- Develop GTM programs and sales initiatives in collaboration with our Solution Partners and our technology partners.
- Drive partner engagement and partner program awareness. Lead partner check ins and cadence calls.
- Educate, equip and enable partners on the program benefits and resources available to them.
- Identify and develop growth partners.
- Track partner program metrics and performance.
One your first day, we'll expect you have to:
- 5+ years of channel, partnerships or sales experience involving close collaboration across teams and different companies. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with partners and internal teams.
- Experience leading GTM-oriented partner relationships in the enterprise software industry, in a partner or channel development role with a consistent track record of building rapport with partners. You understand how to enable and equip partners for success, and you're passionate about seeing partners succeed.
- A drive to innovate in Partnerships with our Channel and ISV partners, with a “test and learn” mindset for trying new approaches and incorporating learnings before scaling to include more partners.
- An appetite for continuous on-the-job learning and data-gathering to make informed decisions and plans. Strong communication skills to share findings and engage contributors in executing plans.
- An adaptive mindset, to pursue new opportunities that arise in the fast-evolving software space, and to navigate unforeseen blockers and dependencies.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and organizational skills.
- Openness to a transparent communication culture that values contributions and feedback from other individuals and teams.
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Work experience in a global software organization
- Experience in customer- or partner-facing roles and in setting up programs to engage with them
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams as we’re growing globally.
About our team
Our Partnerships team
is our cross-functional team that works to develop partnerships and integrations between Atlassian products and mission-critical services such as AWS, Slack, Zoom, Google, and Microsoft. These partnerships help drive user engagement and growth, so you’ll play a pivotal role in Atlassian’s future success.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.