Nava is at the forefront of reimagining how our government serves its people and we are looking for a Delivery Manager to help us execute on our mission of changing the digital services our government provides.
You’ll work with our government partners and across Nava’s engineering, design, product, and business teams to help move critical projects forward that improve the lives of millions of Americans. You’ll manage agile projects where there is significant complexity, risk, uncertainty, or scale to deliver critical software that serves millions of people. You’ll manage resources, scope, schedules, dependencies, and risks to ensure your project team can execute successfully and sustainably.
What You'll Do
- Work directly at the intersection of government and the Nava team to manage our sprint process, estimate our efforts, triage incidents, manage expectations, and communicate progress
- Proactively build relationships with stakeholders and other contractors
- Understand the team’s objectives, systems, and capabilities in order to make decisions about project priorities and to help resolve issues
- Coordinate multiple contractor teams to bring alignment to large ecosystems and create holistic success for everyone
- Manage the team’s velocity and continually improve our processes for organizing ourselves and our work
- Demonstrate a passion for learning, embrace change, and ask insightful questions particularly about business needs and technology solutions
What we're looking for
- Demonstrated experience leading projects with significant complexity, including managing milestones, dependencies, and integrations with significant risk, uncertainty or scale
- Experience developing custom software products that are designed for the public
- Experience using agile frameworks like scrum, kanban, or SAFe and familiarity with agile development practices such as continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Assess whether engineering estimates are correct, help identify gaps in product requirements, timeline risks, integration needs, and coordinate with project managers from other vendors and system components.
- Ensure requirements and user stories are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations
Other Nice to Haves
- Project management in a government context
- Experience integrating with SaaS products
- Track record of introducing and expanding agile transformation and pursuing best practices in project management with clients and stakeholders
- Experience managing projects that provide production operations and support alongside ongoing product/feature development
- Experience launching new production systems with high public visibility in a fast-changing regulatory environment
- Experience with both the use and management of Jira and Confluence
- Experience working with development teams building APIs
- Experience: At least 3-5 years of experience as a Project Manager, Delivery Manager, Scrum Master, or Product Manager in a complex software development environment with multiple stakeholders
- Residency: Lived in United States at least 3 years out of the last 5 years
- You will be required to obtain a public trust clearance.
We're a small team working to radically improve our government, so everyone that joins us has a direct impact on the direction and success of Nava. We are stewards – we hold a deep responsibility towards the systems that we work with. We are a community – we value collaboration both within our teams and with the many hardworking people within government. We offer generous benefits and equity.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Nava. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: We participate in E-Verify. Upon hire, we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. This role is required to work from the contiguous United States.