Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1600 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
This is an exciting opportunity to fill a newly created, very critical, role in our expanding Tax Department. If you enjoy learning, being challenged in a developing industry with nascent tax rules, and working in a truly global culture, this is the perfect job for you. We are open to candidates to be based in Singapore or Ireland and elsewhere as well.
What you'll do:
- Manage tax compliance for non-US entities, including direct, indirect and other taxes
- Prepare, review and/or manage the foreign income tax provision for non-US entities under US GAAP
- Prepare the quarterly intercompany calculations and required journal entries, gathering the needed information for the calculations and the transfer pricing documentation
- Other special compliance/provision related projects
- Monitor global tax developments and analyze the potential impacts on the Company
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- CPA or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years of related experience, ideally with a mix of public accounting and a corporate tax department with a focus in compliance and provision
- Must have strong English language skills and be able to review relevant tax rules and draft memoranda to document positions
- Excellent technology skills, including spreadsheets and databases, is a plus
- Knowledge of GILTI, FDII, BEAT, Subpart F inclusions, Foreign Tax Credits, Earnings & Profits, Expense Apportionment and other US international tax concepts is a PLUS
- Experience with tax filings in Japan, the UK and other major European and Asian countries
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Learn more about us