Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Atlassian is seeking an Experience Design Manager who will play an instrumental role in up leveling their team by providing support and mentorship in constructive ways that encourages, energises, and increases the quality of work. This person will be responsible for championing a variety of design processes within Atlassian. We are looking for an individual who will embrace a collaborative approach to helping their team build confidence, solve problems, and move work forward. This person should be able to oversee development of current design strategy; review and hone vision for the customer experience, and manage a team to meet critical experience objectives.
We’re building a team workspace where anyone can easily find the latest company information, create and share a project plan, and communicate across business lines and teams. We believe that offering tools and practices to support open teamwork is a critical component of fueling digital transformation and ultimately strengthening business agility.
Our charter is to empower teams to engage in meaningful collaboration, to deliver a delightful content creation experience; to effortlessly organize, find, and discover information and knowledge across teams. We are looking for someone who deeply understands design processes and can craft detailed plans that are proportionate to the size and scale of problems to be solved.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Be a strategic partner of leadership teams, working closely with your peers in Engineering and Product to define the team strategy and roadmap.
- Have an understanding of product metrics and translate goals to the experience design team.
- Lead the overall product design vision that enhances our business goals and share that strategy through storytelling with great presentation skills.
- Establish and maintain a high quality bar for shipped design work with your team.
- Proactively look for opportunities to improve the design of our products
- Be a dedicated innovator. With a pulse on the trends in product design, you will help your team anticipate and adjust to new challenges and ensure constant innovation within your product.
- Build and lead a high-performing team of experience designers. You'll mentor and encourage your team towards success and cohesion.
Ideally, we’d hope you would:
- Have 10+ years of professional design experience, including 4+ years leading a senior design team.
- Show examples of having led a cross-craft project that delivered measurable improvement to users.
- Have a passion for driving teams towards amazing solutions that balance customer/business needs.
- Have experience leading product or content designers across multiple/concurrent streams of work.
- Recognise content to be a powerful and essential part of a customer’s end-to-end journey.
More about the team
Designers at Atlassian are responsible for delivering across the entirety of the design process, from early stage research and ideation, through implementation and iteration based on key success metrics. Ideally you are really strong in at least one design-focused skill, have an interest to improve in many other areas and are humble enough to always ask questions and learn more.
Read more about Design at Atlassian here:
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub