Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Atlassian is a leading provider of collaboration, development, and issue tracking software for teams worldwide. With over 100,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100) and millions of users on our cloud platform, we are advancing the power of collaboration with products including Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and more. Motivated by clear values, an AMAZING culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re on a journey to unleash the potential of every team. We’d like you to be a part of this journey.
The Identity Platform team is looking for a highly motivated and talented engineer with hands-on experience designing and developing cloud-native applications. This role is ideal for engineers passionate about building highly scalable, multi-region solutions using modern technologies.
What you’ll do
As a software engineer, you’ll work in a team of talented engineers to design and implement the most innovative, scalable, and performant systems that are responsible for managing permissions and authorization decisions of all Atlassian Cloud Products. You’ll frequently interact with other Identity teams, Product Managers, Designers, and Architects to build the Permissions platform encompassing backend development, monitoring, scaling, and optimizing to make the management of permissions simple and performant at scale.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- More than 4 years experience building and developing backend applications
- Strong depth of knowledge in the following technologies: Java, Python or GoLang or other programming languages.
- Experience developing and operating web applications in AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, or similar public cloud providers.
- Ability to design public APIs, coupled with a passion for writing clean code.
- Experience building service from the ground up is preferred – from gathering requirements, design, build, deploy, and ownership.
- Solid understanding of application performance and designing low latency, high-speed web applications.
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree with a preference for Computer Science degree
It's great but not required if you have:
- Experience with authentication and authorization domain, technologies, and protocols.
- Experience developing and architecting micro-services.
- Exposure to web application security (authentication, authorization, session management, access controls, etc.) and privacy standards (SOC2, GDPR, etc.).
- Experience in Continuous Delivery and the DevOps mindset.
- Experience in building applications using Golang and Cassandra
We are always growing, learning, and adapting, in and out of the office. You’ll be joining a team that is smart and very direct. We embody the Atlassian values
, ask the hard questions and challenge each other to constantly improve our work.
This highly talented team owns some of the most critical capabilities of the Atlassian Cloud platform. The engineers excel in taking on scalability challenges, understanding the security aspects of authentication flows, and operating micro-services at a very large scale. We are passionate about technology, but we also like to take breaks from work. We love going out for team lunches (when offices are open), and we like to spend time together in team social events on Fridays.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub