Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Atlassian is looking for a backend software engineer to join our Dev Tooling team. You’ll be joining a team focused on building tools for fellow Atlassians with a focus on ensuring a unified and enjoyable experience for development teams to leverage from project creation through production deployment. Our team has a direct impact on the day-to-day quality of life for fellow Atlassian engineers.
In this role, you’ll get the chance to:
- Spend your day head down in code.
- Solve complex and interesting problems.
- Contribute to code reviews and documentation as well as take on complex bug fixes
- Begin writing useful technical documentation
- Drive internal team projects to completion
- Mentor more junior members
On your first day, we'll expect you to have experience with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Proficiency in Python and/or Go.
- Fluency in any one database technology (e.g. Postgres or other RDBMS, and/or NoSQL like DynamoDB)
- Experience using AWS and Docker containers
- Real passion for collaboration and strong interpersonal and communication skills
It’s great, but not required, if you have:
- Experience using Kubernetes
- Experience with highly available systems
- Experience working with a distributed team
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub