Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1600 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
The Senior Tax Analyst is a key contributor to the success of Kraken’s Tax and global Finance team. This highly visible role will require dynamic interactions with Kraken FP&A, Operations, Data Team, Controllership and Treasury to optimize the firm's cash taxes, tax accruals, intercompany arrangements and legal entity structuring.
What you'll do:
- Supports tax planning and forecasting for the firm
- Work with large, complex data sets to build tax planning models and leverage data visualization tools
- Produce analytics to support complex data analysis, and provide recommendations
- Support the team with the data gathering process including building and customizing reports
- Updating and maintaining tax provisioning and compliance models for the firm
- Support ad-hoc analysis and special projects
- Identify and implement improvements to internal processes to increase efficiencies and reduce risk
- Maintain productive working relationships within finance, operations teams, product, management, engineering and other stakeholders
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Statistics
- Minimum 3 years of related experience
- Working knowledge of general US tax principles and ASC 740
- Proficiency with tax software
- Superior skills in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Working experience with analytical /visualization applications (e.g., Power BI) is a plus.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical capabilities
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Learn more about us