Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Are you passionate about data platforms and tools? Are you a forward-thinking, structured problem solver who is passionate about building systems at scale? Do you understand data tools, know how to use them, and want to help our users to make data actionable? If so, this role with our team at Atlassian is for you.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Data Platform Team and build a world-class data solution that powers crucial business decisions throughout the organization.
You will partner with teams at Atlassian across various initiatives, working with them to understand the gaps, bring your findings back to the team, and work on building these capabilities.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 3+ years in engineering management following Agile development processes
- Breaking down problems into executable chunks and coordinating multiple engineers to deliver a solution
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring and retaining talent
- Ability to contribute to the technical and business strategy of the team
- Strong programming experience in Java or similar languages, and foundation in data structures, algorithms and distributed system
- Experience in AWS Storage technologies DynamoDB, ElastiCache, RDS and more. AWS experience can be substituted with experience in similar public clouds (i.e Azure)
- BS (or higher) in CS or related field
Nice to have:
- Recent hands-on experience in developing high volume, robust micro services for data
- Experience with API design and data modeling
- API development and design with REST or GraphQL
- Hands-on experience managing or integrating with large-scale transactional or NoSQL data-stores
- Startup experience is fine too
More about the team
Data is a BIG deal at Atlassian. We ingest over 180 billion events each month into the data platform, and we have dozens of teams driving their decisions and guiding their operations based on the data and services we provide.
It’s our team's job to make more Atlassians data-informed and facilitate R&D. We do this by providing an ambitious data platform, as well as services and data products to help teams better self serve and improve their time to reliable insights.
You’ll be joining a team that is crazy smart and very direct. We ask hard questions and challenge each other to constantly improve our work. We're all about enabling growth by delivering the right data and insights in the right way to partners across the company.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub