Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Nobody goes to school to become an equity administrator, but everyone in this field has an interesting path in getting here. So if you’re not already a seasoned equity administrator, but you have equity-related experience in a compensation, payroll, accounting, tax, or consulting capacity, and are looking to switch gears, read on!
We are seeking an Equity Operations Lead, reporting to the Head of Global Stock Administration to join our Legal team. Using your business instincts, analytical chops, and technical expertise you'll be part of a fast-paced, fun, global team. You'll be a great fit for this role if you are tech-savvy, thrive on learning new tools and systems, relish digging into details, and revel in critical thinking. You love automation and are always looking for new ways to work. Your strength is in your collaborative nature and belief that cooperation and teamwork get things done.
We're looking for someone who will bring their whole self to work and add more of that special spice that makes our TEAM great!
In this role, you'll get to:
- Lead daily operations for all equity-related activities, including processing RSU releases, stock option exercises, and new awards.
- Coordinate closely with internal stakeholders (Payroll, Accounting, Tax, People) to drive process improvements.
- Be a thought partner with our third-party vendor (Shareworks) on the development of new features.
- Support period-end reporting to respective finance teams, including non-US locations with off-cycle reporting requirements.
- Ensure global tax, regulatory, legal, and SOX compliance requirements are met timely and accurately.
- Actively participate with Equity team in strategic projects, process improvements, automation initiatives, and M&A activity.
On day one we’ll expect you to have:
- A BS/BA degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or any other related field of study.
- 3-5 years of equity-related professional experience.
- CEP certification, or a desire to obtain it.
- A high level of proficiency with MS Office, with a deep knowledge of Excel.
- A proactive, detail oriented, organized approach to solving problems.
- Experience with tracking and reporting of equity compliance requirements in different countries, with varying tax years.
- Familiarity with tax mobility rules and the processes involved for accurate recording and reporting of equity compensation income and taxes.
- Ability to execute under pressure and within timelines, with tremendous organization and attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership.
- Advanced analytical skills and ability to work with large amounts of data; facts, figures, and, number crunching.
- Highly developed audit and compliance skills
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills in conjunction with the ability to prioritize and handle special tasks simultaneously
- Customer service/employee-first oriented style with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and internal/external partners
- A healthy sense of humor, with a how-can-I-help, get-it-done attitude.
It would also be great if you:
- Have experience with Shareworks, Workday, and Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, Trello).
- Enjoy crafting and delivering employee educational and informational materials.
- Are located in the U.S. Pacific or Mountain time zones to best overlap with our distributed team.
- Are comfortable working on a remote team.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.