Dataiku allows enterprises to create value with their data in a human-centered way while breaking down silos and encouraging collaboration. One of the most unique characteristics of our product, Dataiku, is the breadth of its scope and the fact that it caters both to technical and non-technical users. With Dataiku, we aim to empower people through data and democratize data science.
Dataiku is looking for a talented Platform Engineer to help us build and continuously evolve the next generation of community, learning management system, and user groups for passionate and highly-technical users. In this role, you will report to the Head of Community and be responsible for helping us develop, customize, configure and implement new features and improvements for the Dataiku Community, Academy and user groups platforms. The right team member will help us shape the future of our community experience and contribute meaningfully to our strategy going forward.
What You'll Do
- Own development, implementation, customization, testing and support of Community, Academy and user groups platforms, and other technical projects to meet release deadlines and provide a delightful user experience
- Contribute to the development of the platforms roadmap and strategic vision to include new features and product integrations
- Deploy new code to production on a monthly basis
- Drive prioritization of features and optimize release cycles in order to continuously deliver value to users and internal stakeholders
- Work closely with developers and engineers to determine technical feasibility of potential new features, determine scope of implementation, and help plan timeline for feature delivery
- Perform code reviews
- Proactively monitors applications and seeks to improve availability, quality, and performance.
- Create and maintain all documentation relating to code and functionality
- Perform daily management and operations of core UA business applications including enhancements, bug fixes, interfaces and other business requests.
- Resolve technical issues including diagnosis of problem, recommendations for workarounds, and defect correction.
- Creates standards and processes to develop and facilitate projects and initiatives.
- Develops written test plans and provides analysis of software system test results.
- Point of contact for platform vendors and developers on open technical projects and support cases
Who You Are
- 3+ years of work experience in the high tech field as a community or full stack developer.
- 2+ years experience of community development working within Khoros / Jive or Higher Logic platforms developing custom layouts and custom components, endpoints
- Strong understanding of administrative processes on community platform, including permission models, roles, categories, interaction styles
- Working knowledge of integrations with LMS, Single Sign-On, User Groups and other business systems
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Experience with Git version control system
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize a demanding workload and deliver results under pressure
- Comfortable writing tests, maintaining your own builds and deploying code
- Strong comprehension, problem solving, troubleshooting, analytical and consultative skills
- Must have strong personal initiative and demonstrated capability to work with little management oversight
- Effective documentation skills with ability to absorb and articulate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Enjoy learning and implementing new technologies
- High-growth start-up, backed by US and French VCs.
- Amazing product (Yes, we love our product, No, we are not biased).
- Brilliant, passionate, hard-working & humble colleagues (despite the above comment).
- Entrepreneurial spirit at every level of the company.
- Cool office.
- You will be part of a great adventure, joining a young company with great momentum and a promising future.
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast! In 2019, we achieved unicorn status, doubled in size and opened new offices across the globe. 2020 looked no different as we announced a $100 million Series D in August! We are now more than 600 Dataikers globally. Spanning from Sydney to Frankfurt, Denver to London, geography (and remote work) doesn’t stop Dataikers from working closely together and sharing experiences. Collaboration is key within our product and culture. We strive to create a sense of belonging and community while fostering diverse thinking by encouraging cross-team, cross-office interactions like our annual company offsite or Paris onboarding. Fly over to Twitter
, and Instagram
to read stories about our culture, people, and success.
Our practices are rooted in the idea that everyone should be treated with dignity, decency and fairness. Dataiku also believes that a diverse identity is a source of strength and allows us to optimize across the many dimensions that are needed for our success. Therefore, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment practices are based on business needs, without regard to race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, veteran status or any other aspect which makes an individual unique or protected by laws and regulations in the locations where we operate. This applies to all policies and procedures related to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, performance, promotion and termination and all other conditions and terms of employment.