See all jobs
Apr 21st, 2021
Staff Engineer - Web Experience
At Medium, we're building a platform that gives people a place to share their stories and ideas. To do that, we create simple and beautiful product experiences that prioritize the user experience. We are building the next generation of Medium desktop and mobile web to improve the experience of readers and writers alike.
We prioritize fast iteration without compromising quality, while maintaining an attention to detail that creates the kind of thoughtful interactions we're known for.
As a full stack engineer, you'll work across the stack from databases to the UI on various aspects of the reader and creator experience, such as: blog engines, content distribution, theming and customization. You'll collaborate closely with colleagues in design and product, and bring innovative and delightful designs to life. You'll sweat the details and make things shine. You will also collaborate with core team members on the web architecture for the next generation of Medium web.
We're looking for mindful, empathetic, and self-aware engineers to join our team to help us move thinking forward. With a strong focus on growth and personal development, Medium is the ideal place to develop your skills in an environment that is built on mutual trust and respect.
Who are you?
- You have 8+ years of software engineering experience.
- You have extensive experience with React and Node.js based applications.
- You are just as comfortable working on the backend as you are the frontend.
- You have experience building single page & isomorphic web applications.
- You are flexible, dedicated, and curious. You believe in the craft of software engineering, but are pragmatic when necessary.
- You respectfully challenge your peers, and welcome being challenged.
- You are passionate about learning, and want to help us learn too.
We’d particularly love it if:
- You have experience with AWS (RDS, SQS, DynamoDB)You have experience working on CMS-like applications.
- You have experience working in a service-oriented or microservice architecture (NodeJS, Go, Python).
- You have deep knowledge of API design principles and best-practices, caching, resiliency, RPC, GraphQL, REST, and HTTP.
Sound like you? We'd love to hear from you!
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun and challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media.
Medium is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that communication regarding your application, interviews, and job offers will only come from e-mail addresses ending in"@medium.com". Anything else is not a legitimate outreach.